New guy in Chesterfield

Sm!nT

Hi everyone, i've liked astronomy for as long as i can remember, and must be 6-7 years ago i got my first and (currently) only scope. but due to school then some uni and work hasn't got much use in about 5 years :angry:

But now i have the time and starting to get the money to start again, going to do it properly and been reading up how to settup scopes properly and everything, and want to get a philips SPC900NC webcam to do some photography, but think i will need some help in getting it settup.

i know skies arn't best this time of year but not going to put it off time winter. just wondering what you recomend veiwing to start off. never looked at clusters, nebulas or galaxies before and wondering if you could recomend some good ones to see this time of year, preferably bright as some light pollution near me till i move.

i have a explorer 200, 8" apature 1000mm f/l scope on a EQ5 mount, not the most sturdy but planing to build a pier once i move and maybe get a HEQ5 mount.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived