What new products...

...do you wish existed?

Yes, I know there's already a huge huge range of kit available, but if you could get manufacturers to make you a new product - anything you like, what it be? Mine would be:

- 22mm William Optics UWAN (pretty much a 22mm Nagler at 2/3 price 8) )

- 16" FlexTube dobsonian (ultimate porta-bucket)

and

- 20mm Ethos. I wouldn't buy one (£650?), but wouldn't mind a looksee - it would show a larger TFOV than my 32mm!

Not very imaginitive - I know...

Andrew

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm amazed that in 'this day and age' :(

We still use mirrors! Wouldn't you think there was some kind of light sensitive electronic sheet that could be laid on a tiltable base. A prime image could then be projected into an EP of choice. Software would handle all the collimation nonsense. Yay! :angry:

A hybrid finder that is both an RDF and then switches to an optical finder of 50mm or so aperture at the flick of a switch. It must be a 90 degree finder and one where the user can determine the view orientation, ie: refractor / CAT or Newt configuation.

John

A commercially manufactured alt-az goto and tracking contraption that can be fitted to a dob base or a dob base with alt-az goto and tracking pre-fitted (mains and/or battery power connections included - state dimensions and weight of your tube with your order :angry: )

I know dob tracking platforms are available but something based on those large Celestron CPC or Meade alt-az schmidt-cats seems feasible.

a 20" lightbridge!

:angry:

for the record theres a bloke on Cloudy nights who owns a 20" obsession & he,s got a 30" one on order :shock:

I would need to buy a forklift as well!

A cleaning fluid that you can spray on your optics, and evaporates within 30 seconds leaving absolutley nothing except the coatings :angry:.

Tony..

That would be magic :(

Put me down for some of that stuff too.

Archived