NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Huge proms 20th

Floater

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had another look, and it's getting better and better. The tree proms are growing a bit taller, but the prom to their north is growing a lot more active, showing thin strands of plasma towards the south. The low arc has become much more substantial. Something big is turning our way.

Always good to learn something is coming our way, Michael.

The weather has returned to type here - uniform, dull, boring grey - and no chance of seeing any late sun. But I have high hopes for tomorrow (!).

As you wrote earlier, a fairly quiet disc, but I can live with that if the limb continues to put on a show like today's. :-))

Blue skies!

Phew, that's a relief.  After a day of toil I got home and managed to get my first view of the day at 4.50pm.  I'd seen other folk's reports throughout the day and was feeling very jealous!  At first I was observing through thin cloud for quite a while, though I still had a good view with my Lunt 60mm DS.  At about 5.25pm the Sun came into a clear patch, and WOW, what a beautiful sight.  Those proms were a sight for sore eyes, and some excellent surface detail.  You couldn't have better proof of how dynamic and changeable the Sun is than when comparing yesterdays early morning view with this evenings, fabulous.

Archived