Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

London Calling!

Power Junkie

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Zane and welcome to SGL, the old proverb, "don`t run before you can walk" is very true of Astronomy, you have a very nice scope in the 9.25, take it slow and steady, using the forum as a guide to help you on your way, just post your questions in the relevant sections.

As you live in the London area, try a visit to the Baker Street Irregulars Astronomical Soc, who meet in Regents Park on a regular basis, I am sure you will find advice from the membership in abundance, enjoy the forum :)

...that genuinely made me laugh! But it's mine...mine...MINE!!! 

Chris, you've just become my new best friend!

I got as far as setting up the mount/tripod and then realised it didn't come with a power pack, only a cigarette/car charger.

I need to get myself a charger first. I've emailed FLO and hopefully they'll be able to help me out...along with a dew heater shield thingie.

Have you managed to collimnate it and get an eyeful of skyfall?

the power lead is about £25 but one small problem with it ,when you connect it to your mount it has a tendency to come out when you are slewing about!! it doesn't screw in like the power pack lead. as you guessed all of your star aligning etc is screwed lol. in the middle of an imaging run is so annoying. I ge t a large rubber band and fasten this on around the connector end onto the cap for the polar finder aperture. works for me..

Archived