Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Explore Scientific 24mm 68deg bargain

F15Rules

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Guys,

Just ordered a 2" 34mm ES for €101.90 delivered to an address in France.  Got it from their Display Items list.  I make that £73.  Is that a bargain?  Convince me someone.

Thanks Guys,

Just ordered a 2" 34mm ES for €101.90 delivered to an address in France.  Got it from their Display Items list.  I make that £73.  Is that a bargain?  Convince me someone.

Well thats the price of a budget wide field eyepiece. You just got a quality wide field for it !. So it's a great deal.

I paid that for mine in used but mint condition. Retail in the UK is about £180 with shipping so you got a great deal- and it is a great eyepiece!

Dave

PS had a confirmation of shipping dispatch for my 24mm this morning!

Good news Dave, looks like you'll rightfully be the first to get it.

I wonder if the rest of us will get an email?

I'm very tempted to buy something else from them, I won't say what for now but it's quite a big purchase. Might see if the EP arrives first just to be sure. 

I've signed up for their newsletter.  Even in different parts of their site they are selling the same product at different prices.  Just ordered a 25mm 2" ES at €40 before delivery.  Same product on a different page: €55.  Price I paid is about half advertised price.

Hats off to F15rules for starting this thread.  There are some very happy followers today.

Signing up to SGL one of the best moves in my long life!

Cheers all.

Me too, my ES100 25mm is on its way :smiley: UPS, same as previous time. They provide an excellent service here in Spain, always on time.

And... oh well, I just ordered an ES100 20mm (300 €) and ES68 34mm (170 €) now. This is crazy  :eek: 

Have to feel good anyway... I've just spent 820 € on eyepieces but it would've been 1480 € with their normal prices...

Me too, my ES100 25mm is on its way :smiley: UPS, same as previous time. They provide an excellent service here in Spain, always on time.

And... oh well, I just ordered an ES100 20mm (300 €) and ES68 34mm (170 €) now. This is crazy  :eek:

Have to feel good anyway... I've just spent 820 € on eyepieces but it would've been 1480 € with their normal prices...

That's quite a spending spree, congrats! You must have been really short on long focal length eyepieces ;)

Will look forward to shots of the 25mm, make sure it's next to the obligitory can of baked beans for scale :D

For now you can take a closer look at 25mm here:

It's probably just me but as long as the box and internal packaging protects the eyepiece in transit, I don't really care what it looks like :icon_scratch:

I know what you mean John..but when you compare that box from the ES34mm 68 (the huge one in the picture above), and what that must have cost not only to produce but to ship as well, the pretty astronomical themed one (I have one with my ES 6.7mm 82) seems more appropriate and less ostentatious :grin: . And actually, the star maps shown on the design are from the master himself, Wil Tirion, so although not the point of the eyepiece, as someone working in sales and marketing myself, I can appreciate its' appeal..

On a practical note the design of the box is pretty cool, with a fold out/fold over arrangement which is fastened by a small magnet inside the printed card material... I must say I like it - it matches the quality feel of the ES range of eyepieces.

Dave

That's quite a spending spree, congrats! You must have been really short on long focal length eyepieces ;)

Yeah, the 100 degree eyepieces were planned anyway for a big dobsonian I'm going to get in the near future. I was going to buy them sooner or later so why waiting? I don't really have the right scope for these eyepieces for the time being but I'll test them on the Big Mak, even if it's not really designed for wide fields.

The ES68 34mm was actually planned for the Mak as I was missing an eyepiece that gives aprox. 2 mm exit pupil with that scope.

Btw, not sure if I can find Heinz beans around here, but I'll try :icon_mrgreen:

Good news Dave, looks like you'll rightfully be the first to get it.

I wonder if the rest of us will get an email?

I'm very tempted to buy something else from them, I won't say what for now but it's quite a big purchase. Might see if the EP arrives first just to be sure. 

That's teasing Chris!... A few clues for us...? - a Lunt, perhaps :cool: , or ES Apo :evil: ??  Do tell! :p  

Dave

That's a saving in UK of not far off £500! - and bear in mind ES products are very competitive at "normal" retail prices, which is why most of us have bought their products (along with the great optical quality of course)...it's staggering really, the quality of optics that is now within reach of many more of us than even 10-15 years ago. :icon_bounce:  :icon_bounce:  :icon_compress:

That's teasing Chris!... A few clues for us...? - a Lunt, perhaps :cool: , or ES Apo :evil: ??  Do tell! :p  

Dave

Well it's not a Lunt Dave, I have a nice little Lunt 35 B600 already and it's a great scope! 

However, I am refractor shopping at the moment, keep flittering between a compact grab and go frac to mount on my Horizon tripod so I can make the most of little gaps in the clouds, and/or a dirty great big achro for my Skytee so I can go a bit deeper. I should probably buy a big dob but can't find the storage for both my Skytee and a big Dob, hence the big frac idea :)

I'll summerise by saying there are, one or two, well maybe three scope on the Bresser/ES site that are very alluring :)

Archived