SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Explore Scientific 24mm 68deg bargain

F15Rules

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only found this by accident as I'd placed a couple of ads looking for the used Maxvision version without success.

I then came across the ES version at TH for £129 plus shipping I think it was, and then this one at Bresser DE reduced from 159 euro -but the others aren't reduced at all, so it does look like a genuine bargain at 99eu...with my credit card I was charged £79 something and there will be a £1.50 "non sterling transaction service fee" or similar gobbledegook.

If you scroll down on the site, the Maxvision 24mm is still advertised at 90eu, but comes up as out of stock if you click on it.

One other thing I found if anyone's interested. I just bought a 20mm Maxvision from Telescope House at £61 plus shipping..today, I noticed in their clearance section a customer returned one of these for just £52, as new!

Looking forward to receiving the 24mm, it will be much lighter than my Luminon 23mm 82deg.

Dave

You have done well Dave. I had looked at this one on the Explore Scientific site when it was on offer at 99 euro. Before I could make my mind up, it had gone back up to 159 euro. I then saw it on the AstroShop.de site advertised for 99 euro but with the indication of several days wait before shipping. This rang a warning bell so I emailed them to ask whether the price was correct and what the availability was. The answer was that they had no stock and awaited new stock from the supplier and effectively could not guarantee the price of the new stock. Given that ES have increased the price I think I know the answer to that. Bresser seem to have a stock of  them - so the message is get one whilst you can!

The Maxvision 20 EP is a great bit of kit, but sadly the 24mm Max' seems to have been discontinued.

Hi guys. I see a few of you have "pressed the button". I just hope they have the stock so everyone gets one!

It's my first purchase with these guys but as part of a manufacturer I'd hope and expect that they can supply goods they've taken money for..

Will post back when mine arrives:-)

Dave

It's my first purchase with these guys but as part of a manufacturer I'd hope and expect that they can supply goods they've taken money for..

I ordered the 24mm 68º 6 weeks ago or so - it was only 70 € for a few hours! No problem at all, smooth transaction and fast shipping. Got it 72 hours after ordering (ordered from Spain).

I ordered the 24mm 68º 6 weeks ago or so - it was only 70 € for a few hours! No problem at all, smooth transaction and fast shipping. Got it 72 hours after ordering (ordered from Spain).

That is good to know, thanks, but 70 Euros :shocked: .....wish Dave had seen it :grin:

Excellent, thanks for the re-assurance, and congrats on the even better deal :) Wow, 70 Euros  :eek:

Excellent, thanks for the re-assurance, and congrats on the even better deal :) Wow, 70 Euros  :eek:

Yeah, couldn't believe it myself back then.

It performs beautifully. Excellent for globular clusters with my Mak-Cass 180 :smiley:

Here's another cracking deal on their site if you ask me:

http://www.bresser.de/en/Sale/Display-Items/0218425-1.html

You'd pay about that for a second hand ES100 20mm, the 20mm is usually about half the price of the 25mm !

That one seems to be out of stock. It's a common ploy to show very low prices for out of stock items because it spoils the pitch for the competition.

The odd thing about the above website is that the prices seem to vary as you browse around it and then come back to an item, or at least they seem to for me :icon_scratch:

The ES 24mm / 68, for example, is listed at 120 euros in ther "special offers" section which is a lot more than the above invoice. Odd.

That one seems to be out of stock. It's a common ploy to show very low prices for out of stock items because it spoils the pitch for the competition.

It was in stock one hour ago. But then I pressed the button and... :evil:

I was about to say it was in stock when I last checked. I'm glad you've taken temptation away from me Thonolan ;)

John- yes, I noticed the same thing, 120 Euros for the ES68 24mm but I payed 99. I thought they had perhaps noticed all the activity and quickly hiked the price or something :D 

Now what other bargains can we find?  :lol:

When I visited the site (something like 3 hours ago or so) I also saw the ES100 20mm at exactly 300 € and the ES68 40mm at 180 €. But just after ordering the ES100 25mm they were back to their usual prices (I must admit, I'm almost glad they did...).

It was so fast I couldn't even post it here before it was gone.

Archived