Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Explore Scientific 24mm 68deg bargain

F15Rules

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll need another Baader 2"-1.25" adapter for mine..I've fitted these to my other main 1.25" EPs so I can seamlessly switch between these and the 2" ones.

These are great adapters with spring loaded high quality screws and T threads etc and are in keeping with the quality of the eyepieces.

Dave

Oh dear,  just bought the ES 20mm 100°.  Don't tell the wife...

As soon as you look through it you will forget the purchase price :smiley:

I had one for a while and really enjoyed it. I found that I needed to fold the eyecup down to see the full effect of the massive field of view but thats easily done.

Oh dear,  just bought the ES 20mm 100°.  Don't tell the wife...

I've also owned this eyepiece in the past and think it's great value for money at the normal price for how good it is, you've made a wise purchase enjoy :)

p.s I've just had a UPS parcel arrive :) 

Just ordered the ES68° 24mm  from bresser germany. €99 + €9 p+p. Should work out about £82 delivered. Hopefully it's still in stock and everything arrives without problems. I have only ordered astro gear  outside the uk once before with TS in Germany and found they were excellent.

Just ordered the ES68° 24mm  from bresser germany. €99 + €9 p+p. Should work out about £82 delivered. Hopefully it's still in stock and everything arrives without problems. I have only ordered astro gear  outside the uk once before with TS in Germany and found they were excellent.

TS are great, I've never had a problem with them. These guys seem good too, I ordered my eyepeice late last week and it arrived today, looks superb! :)

post-16129-0-85670000-1439896395.jpg

post-16129-0-64798300-1439896398.jpg

My eyepiece has just arrived, so ,faultless and swift delivery as quoted.Examination revealed a beautiful eye lens with rich purple coating and not one speck of dust, hair or anything else, just gorgeous crystal clarity, a first for me, as this is the only brand new eyepiece I have owned......EVER !  :smiley:

I hoping for this weekend and the veil..

I've got a 4 of the 82deg and enjoy those so this should complment them too..

Struggled with my 32mm plossl again at the weekend, having too much eye relief and hovering over the ep.. just not comfortable, so this smaller exit pupil and closer eye relief could be the ticket..

hope everyone enjoys them..

ta

Fozzie

Hi Dave,

I've got the 4.7, 11, 14 and 18mm 82's..  I like all of them with my least fav being the 4.7mm as it's just a bit too much power most of the times..

The 14mm in the F11 on a full moon though is a wondrous sight, as is the Orion neb in the 200p (heck it was nice on the veil too on Saturday).. I've read a review which said it's the worst of the bunch but personally I get on well with it rather well..

ta

Fozzie

Hi Dave,

I have had only the ES 11mm, and I did not get on with it really, possibly the small eye lens & eye relief, but I believe that 82 deg. plus is not for me. I persevered for almost a year I think, but then moved it on when a 12mm  Delos came my way.  :smiley:

STEVE

I had the 14mm 82 series Dave, it was the first 82 degree EP I bought. Like the others in the series it's both optically excellent and the build is the best I've seen. The one thing that surprised me once I had also bought the 8.8 and the 11mm is that the 14mm felt just as short on ER, Still a struggle to see the full 82 degrees. Apart from that excellent :)

Agree with the above, you do feel like you need to get up close and personal to get the full field of view in.. I think its rated as 13mm but in practice it might be a bit shorter..  

I agree though, I would feel wasted on 100deg ep's but for now, the 82deg is useable.. if I want comfort though, I'm perfectly happy with the 50deg the SLV's give..

I think I prefer my 15mm Luminos to the 14mm ES82, certainly alot more immersive if not quote as good optically. I wouldn't say no to another 8.8mm or 11mm ES 82 though, the Luminos are a bit 'gappy' in terms of focal length :)

Archived