Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wish me luck....

Helen

I'm going to attempt to image from my patio tonight   :shocked:

I've been spoilt by my permanent set up, but am going on holidays next week and so need to remind myself how to use a mobile skywatcher set up (now being on Mesu in the obs).  I expect lots of muttering!!!  and scrabbling around for cables etc.  But hopefully it will mean I'll have all the bits I need next week and will be able to make the most of dark skies in France.

Wish me luck...

Helen

Thanks  :grin:

Got my pad ready for the list.  Nearly had a major accident while trying to balance the side-by-side rig - so in the book will go 'get Mike to help when setting up!!'  :rolleyes:

Scopes now balanced though, so next are IT problems (sorry, challenges  :grin: )

Helen (in Rhymney Valley)

Quick update report after two nights out.  Firstly, I now appreciate my obs even more!!  But I have enjoyed the challenge :smile:  I've decided piggy-backing is much easier to balance  (and safer) than side-by-side.  Got the software updated too and had a few runs at polar aligning - doing it without polaris makes it a bit tougher (so hoping that experience won't be needed when away!) I also had to read up on how to stop the synscan handset only showing certain alignment stars (it kept showing only ones hidden behind the house!!)  First night was testing imaging - proof of concept rather than producing anything.  Last night was primarily visual - I had some really nice views :smile: but couldn't resist putting the camera in for the moon.  Learnt that my Surface Pro laptop likes to lose data from the SD card - like all of the moon data  :sad:  :sad:  - so while I was very unhappy this morning at least I know I need to do something different!

Despite enjoying the visual I much prefer alt az for visual, so will be taking a manual head too.  

Useful  :smiley:

We travel next Saturday, so a week to pack into as small a space as possible - if Olly says it is hot at least I won't need too many clothes  :grin:

Helen

Archived