Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik Infinity

RobertI

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is also a clear recognition of the efforts and success of Paul Shears that a major astro camera manufacturer comes out with a commercial product that attempts to follow the steps and emulate Paul's successful and FREE LodestarLive.

LodesterLive is here, available for immediate download and has an established track record of working perfectly well.

I had an acquaintance, who worked in military counter intelligence. He hasn't disclosed any secrets to me but used to say the following. "We know that the Russians and the Chinese will break our codes and be able to read all our messages in a year or two. Our job is to stay ahead of them by those one or two years."

I don't want to tip off ATIK but chances are, by the time they will be able to release their product, LodestarLive will be ahead of them by another year and include features they haven't even dreamed of...

Congratulations to Paul for the implicit recognition and thanks for all his efforts!

Clear Skies!

--Dom

Well said Dom!

It's interesting to see Atik getting involved. I've often wondered why SX don't push the Lodestar more for VA/EAA. I realise it isn't their main market but it must account for an increasing number of purchases in the last 12-18 months. In fact, nobody is pushing either the Lodestar or LodestarLive apart from us users, which speaks volumes!

Martin

so true Dom,  other manufactures are jumping on the band wagon now they have seen what the LSx2 and Pauls LL combined what can be achieved with this sensor , the more the merrier I say.

Perhaps the Atik will push SX to develope something similar. Or, maybe SX is already working on it. The s/w is there already in LL. Well said, Dom.

Don

Perhaps we can be proactive here? I'd love to see SX come out with a optimized EAA CCD camera and software. And they ought to license the LL concept and codebase from Paul to do it (or at least put him on a consulting contract).

We could start by working out here what the product profile for that market-dominating SX product would be, then send an email from the group expressing our interest. That along with Atik's entry into the space might be sufficient impetus.

Totally agree sparker.would be good to see Paul rewarded for his time and effort.. But Paul is a true hobbiest does it for the advancement of the hobby..his lodestar live is used world wide now reading other forums posts.defo someone should be tapping into his knowledge and making decent software for the hobby

Wow, I have to say I am seriously impressed with this test video.  M13 looked really nice and the images for all targets looked clear and sharp.  I felt also the way the video was presented was simple to follow and with an honest warts and all approach.  I'm really looking forward to seeing more from this camera and what may follow....  Exciting times ahead  :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :D long time no post - unfortunately looking for work (still) has paradoxically lead to not having an astro time or much else. I know Paul and SX are favourites in the forum but, there has been work on this in the past by quite a few people - yours truly being one such person. All boils down to time :) To make things worse my MBP died so until the job is sorted I don't have the equipment to complete the work I was doing at the time.

Good to see ATIK producing something with continuous integration :)  (finally ;)

Archived