Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

16" Lightbridge

SWMBO has just given approval for me to buy a 16" Lightbridge!!!!

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

Steve - I've sent you a PM!

I'm not buying any Brandons though! ;):(:)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

Congrats !!!

I had a play with one of those at a show a few months back - very impressive indeed :lol:

I'll really look forward to your 1st light report !.

John

I would hang on until the Skywatcher Flextube is released with a 16" apeture.

regards

Kevin

Personally, I'd stick with the Lightbridge. They're a tried and tested design with thousands of satisfied users (one guy I know has a Mewlon 300, but rates his 16" Lightbridge as his favourite deep sky and starparty scope), and although Meade have had a few problems recently, they really do seem to have got their optical and mechanical QC sorted with these. Just my opinion - other big dobs are available..... :(

At Kelling, the views through the Lightbridge with an Ethos were breathtaking. Got yours on order yet? ;)

Dave

It took me an embarrassingly long time to work out what SWMBO was. Now I FULLY understand. I'm nearly as lucky since my equivalent just gave me permission to buy a 6" Skywatcher... ;)

Be honest - how many pairs of shoes did you have to promise?

Personally, I'd stick with the Lightbridge. They're a tried and tested design with thousands of satisfied users (one guy I know has a Mewlon 300, but rates his 16" Lightbridge as his favourite deep sky and starparty scope), and although Meade have had a few problems recently, they really do seem to have got their optical and mechanical QC sorted with these. Just my opinion - other big dobs are available..... :(

At Kelling, the views through the Lightbridge with an Ethos were breathtaking. Got yours on order yet? ;)

Dave

I have a Light Bridge but if I was buying now I would get the skywatcher as it collapses down into a very small space just by undoing 3 screws. It also holds its collimation very well. The Lightbridge needs collimating every time you assemble it.

Regards

Kevin

You is one lucky dude LB. Your good lady must be a grand lass, she must be one in a million, she has a heart of gold, she must love you a great deal, she,...

...................................... must have a secret agenda. Are you sure she gave you permission.? :lol:

Now you are going to have a Light Bucket Light Bucket. ;):(

Ron. :)

WAHHHAY Another 16 incher :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

Lovely wife BTW.

brushteeth :notworthy: :wav:

Brandons are the stuff :insects1: :thumbup:

;) for the moon---- you got the T :tshirt: :salute: :notworthy:

Bernie.

I think as the 16"er was the last to be released by Meade they made a few mods compared to the others....for example the tube assembled does not rest on the collimation knobs when seated upright

without mount....an obvoius advantage compared to the SW would be the 1:10 as standard and i

would doubt that 3 single struts would be enough to secure a 16" plus head containing a secondary.

Just my thoughts ;) Enjoy...

Brian

Here it is:

5551_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

5552_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

5553_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

5554_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

5556_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Can't wait to give it a go!!!

Thanks to Steve at FLO for the prompt delivery :thumbleft:

and to Mrs Bucket for letting me buy it!!

Sam

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :(:):lol:

WAHAYY what a lightbucket for MR Lightbucket.

Well done MRS BUCKET ;)

Or is it Bouquet ahem.

ENJOY !!!

Bernie.

Ps can you bring it to me star bash this Friday.

Archived