Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2015

Freff

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just read the campsite info and realised there is no dogs allowed so this is a no go unless we visit and then shoot home :(

hi I will pm with possible solution.

I am looking forward to catching up with you all on Tuesday when I fetch the event shelter over.

LOL I'm sure I can add the sun canopy on the front if need be Tony, I thought it was about time I dusted the cobwebs off the awning as I haven't used it for 5 years.
Mind you I didn't bring the annex :evil:

IMG_9199_zps4sgv21jk.jpg

It's been another quiet day today although I did get a couple of visitors this afternoon so it were nice to see Mick D & Jill. I was treated to a lovely sunset tonight too & there's a rumour that it might get clear later so I might have to start to get everything set up soon.  :evil:

DPP_0005_stitch_zps0mg39bhy.jpg

DPP_0001_stitch_zpse08csyhw.jpg

Well the clouds cleared I hastily set up in the dark, which isn't the best thing to do at around midnight but never mind. I firstly set up the 10" Newt but for some reason I just couldn't get the thing to collimate so off it came & the ED80 went on. I tried out the CCD for the first time tonight but just couldn't get it to work properly so if I haven't figured it out I might be asking for help!!! later in the week.  I ended up swapping to the modded DSLR & ended up firing off subs on M42, it still is in fact as I'm typing this.
So a bit of a hectic one but managing to achieve something at least.

IMG_3229_zpsgrzmjh1f.jpg

Orion%20Sub_zpsfarct0gd.jpg

Damned inconsiderate these satellites :p

M42%20Sattelite%20single%20sub_zpsn3gm1y

Ended up being an all nighter & I went to bed at around 6:00am so feeling a bit rough today but it were worth it, Jupiter & Venus looked stunning at around that time though. :evil: More stuff to process later although I might just have another snooze :p

Ouch!!

A bit annoying to have the sat on the image but it's a lovely picture of the nebular :)

The line does give it some character though. 

Hope I'll join you on the next event - I'm based in Bristol

Mia

Hi Campy, I'll be around next week after the Star Party,

There may also be a meeting at Blaenavon soon where we get together with our scopes for a session.

Look up info on the South Wales group for more details, I'm unsure of the next one.

Phew just booked SGLXI nearly forgot again due to these lovely clear skies we're having.

IMG_3245_zpsy8r33h3l.jpg

IMG_3248_zpscftvno6a.jpg

IMG_3252_zpsnxyx7p1g.jpg

I dunno what the newt is going to be like though as it's been a pig to collimate for some reason & it's still not quite right but we'll see.

Booked SGL XI Thurs to Sunday.

Also clear skies in Forest tonight so having another go with "sequence generator pro", seems to be working much better tonight. May be due to less red wine.....

See you Thursday.

Mick

Whey hey I'm guiding!!! new camera seems to be working ok so firing off some subs on M76 at the minute, although the preview screen isnt showing much but I guess that's probably down to neb 3?

Nice to know you've got sequence generator pro sussed, might try it myself sometime. Now I'm collecting photons I'm going to take a walk down the pub to see if it has shut down or not.

The tent moving thing they do is a bit of a pain Tony but setting up on the hard standings might damage the groundsheet so I guess something with wheels is the only way to go. Least you've got something more than capable to tow it with.

Archived