SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2015

Freff

Well I had a walk down there & no lights were on at all, the sign has gone from the front although the tables are laid which seemed odd. Looks like you could be Billy no mates Mick ;-)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had another good session last night although I still need to work on the CCD, a whole new learning curve for me at the moment but I did have it firing off some subs at M76 so I'll have a look through those later. I swapped it out for the DSLR & had a go at the Crab Nebula for the remainder of the session until the clouds came in at just after 3:00AM so at least I had an early night lol. Feelind tired again this morning so plenty of tea , coffee & fried breakfast needed to wake mne up lol.

Just a quick dirty process of a single sub of M1, I'm hoping with the rest of them stacked it's going to turn out better so we'll see.

Crab%20Nebula%20Crop_zpsvuseyioh.jpg

There's a tent pitched where David was last year & he's brought a scope, he's a bit new to it all so I tried to help him out as best I could, I did pop back to the caravan for about half an hour then go back but he'd gone to bed as I heard the snoring.
Should sound good later at night when Tony arrives & is settled then. :evil:

You know me Steve I'm always posting updates :grin: Tony has arrived & we've had the inflating ceremony although seems kinda weird without Mr F with us this year.

Funny thing is I just had this memory thing pop up on Facebook from 2012 aka SW1 :evil:

post-18576-0-30262700-1444738831_thumb.j

Yesterday I did a spot of solar observing & was seeing a nice prom through the little Lunt, although it did look kinda lost mounted on top of the 10" Newt!! Views I were getting was nice though although I tried grabbing an image & it just weren't going to happen.

Lunt%2035%20%2010%20inch%20Newt._zpsg6lg

Last night was pretty cloudy so I set up the projector & finally watched Gravity on the side of the Burger van as it's perfect to use as a big screen :evil: Mind you the less I said about that film the better eh? Afterwards the skies cleared & were a bit hit & miss but we were getting nice views with the MK1 eyeball then Kev decided to set up hid Dob & have a scan around. I went back to the van then Kev came over & said it had cleared so set up my scope only to find it starting to cloud out again. Still we managed an an hour & a half or so last night.

Gravity%20Movie%20On%20Side%20Of%20Carav

I'm just finishing loading up too :) ginna go for some food and I be leaving :) any one know where the closest supermarket is as I forgot to go shopping last night lol got distracted with the GoPro and a time lapse :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

Returned from my hols with a streaming cold so gonna get an early night in the hope I can shake it off before tomorrow. Assuming I'm feeeling better I'll be down mid afternoon. Pitch 9 I think again.

Anyone got a spare battery to fit a Canon 600d with them by any chance? I dropped my camera in the sea when I was away and it's not working but before I go ahead and replace the whole camera I just want to check it's not just the battery which is a gonna..... The battery won't charge when I've tried it so impossible to tell if the camera has had it too (although I suspect t it has).

Also, anyone know if the rugby is on in the local on Saturday afternoon?

James

Archived