Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

moon/venus/mars tonight!

nytecam

I've just been out looking at them all through my new 10" Newt - absolutely beautiful, although Venus is so bright I just can't get sharp focus on it and Mrs T seems to have put my filters in a "safe place" :mad:

I had no idea this was happening tonight and had to check Stellarium because I thought I had finally managed to see Mars and its moon :lol:

I was out watching them in the Rain.......

I was getting rained on with my 15 x 70s and I could see Venus, Mars, Luna and Uranus to the West in clear sky...

and Jupiter to the East also in clear sky.......

By the time the sky above cleared so I could get the Newt out the blighters had set Behind the house roofs....

Nice Naked eye view while it lasted though,  I was explaining their positions to Debs, and this seemed to make my

sense of their depth / distance as I looked a vivid and tangible 3D thing to me.

Mick

Had a fantastic view of this conjunction driving West on the A2 earlier this evening. We all talked about the relative distances of the planets. Mrs B commented on the shade of Mars - quite something to get a comment! ! Thanks for sharing the great shots.

Wonder how many non-astro peeps noticed this from night-to-night and appreciated the wonderful illustration of celestial mechanics

Probably quite a few but for them it's very transitory and soon forgotten....and it has no monetary value - today's currency in virtually everything :-)

Archived