Hello

Rogue1892

Hello, didn't know where to put this so thought I'd put here :) I brought a Skymax 127 Maksutov-Cassegrain with goto mount about a year ago, been out with it three or four times and had some great views of Jupiter, Mars and the Moon, I have no garden so have to go out with it which can be a bit of a mission and a little bit lonely haha, so haven't been out as much as I would like.

I'm starting to get the itch to start viewing again but would really like some company and some experienced help as I would like to view other night sky objects. I'm in Sevenoaks, Kent and was just wondering if anyone  knows of any groups that meet up in or around Sevenoaks ? I've looked online but the nearest groups are a bit too far for me to travel too, so thought I'd aske in here and maybe members in the Sevenoaks area arrange meets.

Dark skies

John

Hello John and welcome to SGL you've found the right place to post your question someone will be along in a minute to advise of Sstronomy clubs in your area soon, I'm sure. In the mean time a good star programme. To down load to the lap top would help. stellarium seems to be one of the better ones and it's free. A very god book to read would be Turn Left at Orion.

Clear skies and best wishes.

The link above gives 9 clubs for Kent, with that number one should be accessable.

Edenbridge advertises one but looks like you would need a car - not sure if you drive.

Orpington advertises one and there is a train line up to there from Sevenoaks.

Hi thanks for all your replies, I see that Edenbridge and Orpington have clubs and have been in touch with both and will no doubt attend a meeting with one of them, I was hoping that there was members on here from Sevenoaks that maybe get together more local that I could meet up with 

Archived