Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 09/02 from Bembridge (Double Transit)

SnakeyJ

Not too bad out tonight, though the trans slowly dropped off and was lost just as the seeing was improving as Jupiter edged up towards it's zenith.   The double shadow transit was very nice to see and nice timed with the GRS, though I was disappointed not to catch the moons transiting the disc.

Seeing was definitely average, but looked to be steadily improving.

Quick RGB to record the transit:

post-26731-0-77569100-1423529159.png

Not too bad really as the forecasts were predicting cloud from 7pm on - glad to say they have been consistently wrong over the last four days!

Nice one Jake, second night in a row for me, its clouded out as I start. I got the transit in mono 30fps full gain, dying histo, seeing looked reasonable for a what I saw, which wasn't long

I hate the UK weather its, despicable :grin:

Good to see you had better luck

Cheers Neil, you didn't miss much really - it was a bit like smearing vaseline over the camera window, especially for greens and blues. Poor trans and fast, moderate to fair seeing for most [emoji35]

Frustrating again for you setting up the big boy again. Though still better than the ripping jet stream we had through most of Dec/Jan.

Excellent capture! Double shadow transit and the GRS. Nice to see the weather gods dont hate everybody, clouded out here as well just before it was due to start!

Thanks Peter, the cloud was a pain though I seem to have cheated the weather forecast over the last few days. Hopefully we can get a decent settled patch of clear weather in the not too distant - I'll happily delete the last three months of data to make room ;-)

Lovely picture!

That's Callisto and accompanying shadow you've captured there, according to the Sky and Telescope Jupiter's moons page. :)

Cheers Pompey Monkey - I chanced on this transit and hadn't checked the moon ids yet!

I could put money you'd have an image up this morning, lol 

Well done Jake, again a cracking Jupiter.

I too was out imaging. I was surprised the skies were clear(ish) when the forecast said cloud.

Took a while to set up due to repairing the desktop. A bit of a mad rush because I could see the double transit.

Just about to process my data.

Lee

Nice capture Jake.

I wanted to capture this one as the shadows are now following the moons, but cloud stopped play just as the shadow was coming into view. :sad:

Angie

Thanks Angie - an all too common experience I fear ;-)

Archived