NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

OMG It's full of stars

blinky

M3 from last night. 350D afocal with the 8" Newt, 32X30secs + Darks, ISO 1600. Cropped from the full image and 'enhanced' :lol: in Photoshop.

I love my new camera! But once again could not get up to the dizzy heights of 1 min subs! Guess I need to keep at the polar alignment :)

Do you think the black point is a little light? I am a bit undecided :rolleyes: Other than that I am delighted with it 8)

4740_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

That's a fine M3 for 30 secs subs Craig.

The black point looks OK - certainly not too light.

Only comment I would make is to adjust the colour balance in levels. The reason the levels 'mountain' is jagged is that the Red, Green & Blue need moving until they line up. On the histogram window, top right, change it to 'colours'. Go to Levels, change to the Red channel and move the slider, watching the Histogram, and line it through with the Blue channel. Do the same with the Green channel and when you switch back to RGB in Levels the 'mountain' will have a single peak. The colour of the image, particularly the background, should now be balanced.

8)

MD

:shock: Thats a nice image Craig, how you mounting the camera afocal? with a brackety type thing or a Digi T adaptor thing?

I am trying to get a Digi T adaptor and stepper ring for my new camera just now but dont seem to be having much luck. Might end up buying one of those brackety things to get me started.

Keep the images coming though as they just keep getting better and better............... :rolleyes:

Gary

Archived