Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 23/01 from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

I suffered for my art last night with two hours largely wasted with terrible seeing, going down with headache and fever this morning - sadly, but not surprisingly the results are very poor even by recent standards.

The first is my best single rgb set and the second a WinJpos dereotation of two frames per channel:

post-26731-0-53295600-1422043794.png  post-26731-0-65702900-1422044100.png

The skies look clear, but windy tomorrow morning, though I have to at least attempt the triple transit and am heading to bed early ;)

Think I will be culling this data to save hard drive space ;)

Jake, the second image is particularly good.

I am thinking about retiring to the IOW so you may see me around in 5 years :smiley: ..........

Thanks - you'll be very welcome and the skies are pretty good away from the north side and main towns [emoji3]

Nothing wrong with either of those images, you should have seen this morning unbelievable, truly awful!

Thanks Pete - I did, and I actually felt seasick trying to find focus. Came in at 0640 when the rooftop intervened! Now those images really are dire - don't know what I was complaining about here [emoji6]

Hope your feeling better soon. your rubbish images now, were like your good ones of yester year.As Bob Dylan said times they are a changing.

Im out tonight. just setup probably naff seeing, but I am giving a go.

We must seem like complaining annies, to those that are just dipping there feet in. Its really not that at all. once you have got to a certain level, going backwards, just seems counterintuitive.

You get to crave the detail don't you.

Hope your feeling better soon. your rubbish images now, were like your good ones of yester year.As Bob Dylan said times they are a changing.

Im out tonight. just setup probably naff seeing, but I am giving a go.

We must seem like complaining annies, to those that are just dipping there feet in. Its really not that at all. once you have got to a certain level, going backwards, just seems counterintuitive.

You get to crave the detail don't you.

Cheers Neil - I know the kit can do better now, thanks largely to you, Stuart, Simon, Theo and everyone here.   I've never really been OCD in my life, but bordering on it nowadays - the game would be a bit too easy if we all headed off sunnier climes with clearer skies, though I might do it one day ;)

Always have loved Dylan, Jack of Hearts running through my head now, which should keep me going though another session!   

Thanks Jake,

Yes the camera seems very good - It came back from repair and seems MUCH better for some reason.

The only problem I have is capture software - for some reason when I limit it to say 120 seconds it only capture just half that. The avi file seems to pause (maybe something to do with RAM and buffering).

Sadly I'm no computer wiz. 

Lee

Archived