NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stop Light Pollution Petition (38 degrees)

yeletah

Light pollution is now rated in the same category as passive smoking. plus the damage it causes the wildlife. I used to push my son to sleep on tee local streets after 9pm.... I could count the people I came across on the fingers of one mitten... Giving everyone a reflective jacket and a torch would probably be cheaper than providing light to help the local fixes from getting lost. I have used blackout curtains for years to make it properly dark.

Cheers

PEterW

Thanks for signing. everyone who likes stars should keep trying.

In my area more and more people are lighting up their entire back gardens as the technology now exists and is cheap to buy and i think in the cases of LED lights cheap ti run.

one neighbours garden is like car park lighting - for the entire night and the entire year, last 4 years.

Solihull council say hes afraid of burglars! and thought the light pollution not an issue, close my curtains!

with this mindset, its going to get worse.

I'm wondering is it a form of "territory gain" - using light?

Archived