New arrival: my cheapest TeleVue yet

I couldn't resist an offer of a second-hand TeleVue 25 mm Plössl which was going for just € 30, because the rubber eye-cup had been cut back, and the caps were missing. I have sorted out the caps (few spare ones were lying around), and don't mind the lack of eye-cup, as I wear glasses. The optics are in pristine condition. It is mainly intended for a future Quark.

Very pleased with the new arrival.

post-5655-0-90560000-1417292114_thumb.jp

post-5655-0-02174800-1417292149_thumb.jp

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that if you ask nicely and likely pay for them you can get TV eyepiece caps from TV.

May be worth an email asking.

I think I have seen them on offer, but the current caps work, so won't be paying for original TV caps. The top one probably won't fit, given the altered eye-cup.

Nice EP, that and the 32mm Plossl are what I tend to use with the Quark. I was expecting to use the 40 the most but the 32 seems to work particularly well for some reason and the 25 of course for sneaking in closer. I also use a pair of 25mm's with binoviewers (mostly on my 8 inch SCT for lunar) and am really happy with them for that job. I have also started using the Plossls for DSO's as well, I really like how light and compact they are.

I managed to have a look through the EP in my LS35THA, and the view was nice, if a bit small. Nice detail, and a touch less glare than the MV 24 mm 68° occasionally shows (depends a bit on placement of sun in FOV, and placement of eye). Looks like the TV Plössl has edged out the MV in the solar bag. Weight is the main advantage, I should add. The MV packs a tremendous punch for its price, and is a great wide-field EP.

Yep, it's the size and weight that mean the plossls (tv and meade) are always first in the bag to go on holiday with me! :)

I've recently acquired some TV plossls and a 2.5x Powermate for just this reason :smiley:

Archived