Hello everyone

Ian12

Hey all,

I have  just joined  this  forum. I probably have  a  very rudimentary understanding  of  the  science  compared  to  most all of  you. So I will try and  contribute, but I will probably ask more  than I will share. I am 63 years young and  I have  been into astronomy since  I was  15. right now  I have a  lot of  books and  a  pair  of  binoculars. I have  owned  4  telescopes in my years and  all of  them were  frustrating and  or expensive  failures. SO... I just stick with bino's  now.

Oh... and  I live  in Nevada, USA and  I am going to retire in a  couple  of  years.

Ian

Hi Ian and welcome to the forum. Nothing wrong with using a pair of binos to explore the heavens, those wide views allow you to immerse yourself in the views. I should imagine that you have dark skies in your neck of the woods, something that I would envy as there are fewer places in the U.K which are free from light pollution.

Clear skies and hope you continue to enjoy the forum.

Hello Ian and welcome !

Do not hesitate to ask questions. I have asked my share of what I thought would be a 'stupid question' and found that other people had the same question but were too shy to ask ;)

Clear skies and can't wait to hear from your experience

Archived