Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Its here!

My lass told me to treat myself to some thing, i said "ok a new telescope"   like i really need another, but i had fancied a little Vixen VMC110L, 

so what the heck.

I find this an interesting design, being open fronted, sold as a Mak/Cass, but much more like a TAL Klevtsov (but lighter)

It claims to be 110mm aperture, but strangely a tape measure seems to make it 115mm clear aperture, and it has a sensible 1035mm focal length.

I did not need this but as i have a super track mount and no ideal OTA to use with it, this looks a good idea for tracked Lunar and Solar imaging work, be it webcam or A-focal stuff, no idea when first light will take place, but fingers crossed for the weekend, here are a couple of pics, note i dont plan on using the red dot finder that came supplied, but a 6x30 looks like it will work well

post-8850-0-97301700-1407864514_thumb.jp

post-8850-0-94758800-1407864560_thumb.jp

post-8850-0-61600000-1407864599_thumb.jp

Nice one Jules! Look forward to reading how it performs. Will you be taking it to Dalby? Hope you get some nice dark cloudless skies to test it under :).

Yes marki, i will take it to dalby, a good test will be under dark skies

Nice I like the dual output thingy on these camera and eyepiece at the same time.

Alan

Its a good idea, but not with out its problems, i dont know if i will get much use from the dual ep holders

I managed a VERY quick first light tonight, just to check collimation, all looks good, need to go to a darker site and give it a proper work out, better still point it at the Lunar surface

Hi Jules,

Only just saw this thread - Doh. I knew your new scope was turning up and was wondering where the unboxing / waving your new bling thread was! Congratulations, enjoy. Just see if you can hold on to this scope a bit longer than some that you buy :grin:

Nice I like the dual output thingy on these camera and eyepiece at the same time.

Alan

Yeah, i am not familiar with these scopes, but I was looking at the images and thought "hey, is that another focuser on the side?". Is it? Does this mean that you can do visual and imaging at the same time or two of you can view the same object :grin:

Ian

Yes Ian, its possible to put an ep in one port and say a webcam or dslr in the second, but i feel this is more of a gimmick rather than a useful function, but its a nice little scope, very light but solid, i think it will be a keeper..................despite my reputation :grin:  

Alan

Would be interesting to find out whether or not the eyepiece holders 'dual output thingy' are parfocal. They are not or do not appear parfocal on my ETX105 before it had its accident and I had the rear cell 'modded'.

• 3 weeks later...

Woops, thought I'd posted a message ages ago.

Nice scope, Jules. Hope you're having the opportunity to have fun with it?

Quick question? I take it that it focuses by moving the primary mirror, hence the focus knob?

Cheers,

Andy.

Woops, thought I'd posted a message ages ago.

Nice scope, Jules. Hope you're having the opportunity to have fun with it?

Quick question? I take it that it focuses by moving the primary mirror, hence the focus knob?

Cheers,

Andy.

Hi Andy, yes focus by moving mirror, other than that its nearly a little Klev !

Not had much chance to use it yet, but all looks good, if you have seen the solar shot this gives an idea how it works

Archived