Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEQ6 Extension Tube

adamw

I use one on my NEQ6pro which is fully loaded with a C11, three cameras, Spectroscope etc. Needs 5 x 5 kg counterweights!

It works very well - you just need to make sure ALL the bolts are tight.....

Recommended.

(They only come in Henry Ford Black - I had to repaint mine white to match the mount ;-) )

i have used one and it was fine, im 6 4 and stooping to look through an eyepiece was causing back ache, so it was well worth it, current stock, if you can get one is sw off white like the mounts.

I made my own as I felt that 8" was not long enough. I think mine is 14" from memory. Really solid & as stable as it is without. I now never have to worry about the scope colliding with the tripod legs.IMAG0653_zpskxihorp_edit_1393951455115_z

Edited by rob0971

I use one on my NEQ6pro which is fully loaded with a C11, three cameras, Spectroscope etc. Needs 5 x 5 kg counterweights!

It works very well - you just need to make sure ALL the bolts are tight.....

Recommended.

(They only come in Henry Ford Black - I had to repaint mine white to match the mount ;-) )

Similar to mine C11 ETC and again cannot stress that all the bolts are tight. I had to go round a couple of times to re-tighten them. mine is black but totally hidden under the (black) heavy duty Velcro that everything attaches to.

I'm looking to get one of these as a pier extension.

Thing that concerns me is, doesn't it stop you from using the latitude adjustment bolts on the NEQ6? Because once installed you can't get at the bolt securing the mount to free it off?

So presumably you'd need to free off the bottom bolt and rotate the whole assembly by hand.

Dave

I'm looking to get one of these as a pier extension.

Thing that concerns me is, doesn't it stop you from using the latitude adjustment bolts on the NEQ6? Because once installed you can't get at the bolt securing the mount to free it off?

So presumably you'd need to free off the bottom bolt and rotate the whole assembly by hand.

Dave

No it does not mess with your aligning as that is in the main head of the mount and works as normal, all this does is pu a length of pipe getween the tripod top and mount base.

Interesting, yes, I understand how it works.

However I'm in the practice of slackening off the central bolt slightly before making the Latitude adjustment. Is that not necessary? Or do you just leave the central bolt slightly loose anyway?

I found that if I didn't slacken that bolt I couldn't get latitude movement. Perhaps I had it too tight.

• 2 weeks later...

I now have an Extension insalled on my pier, was very straightforward to fit and seems to be stable. Picture below in case anyone is curious or thinking of doing the same.

post-2025-0-24707600-1406489839.jpg

• 5 years later...

The "hand tight" bolt that goes through the top plate of the pier extension to secure the mount comes with 2 washers an a ball race.

Very elementary question. Is it designed to fit bolt, washer, plate, ball race, washer or bolt, plate washer, ball race, washer?

Thanks