NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The obs got a new....

ChrisLX200

...keyboard! LOL. I hate tacky keyboards so I bought this nice Logitech illuminated board. This adds to the new Dell Ultrasharp 24" monitor so I can image process without the final image being too dark - as it always was with the old one. I kept the old monitor though and use it for displaying Starry Night and scope position.

DSC00411_zpsd7ba11d6.jpg

DSC00398_zps0e984294.jpg

ChrisH

edit: seems the only thing you can't edit is the title :(

Nice obsy.

I spy with my little eye; Baccy tin, orange Clipper (my fave colour), mug of strong coffee, car keys, torch, cat-flap . . . . . CAT-FLAP?

You let your moggie in amongst all that tech?  Brave man.

No cat - just a way of running cables outside while having the door shut in Winter. I like to be tucked up nice and warm while imaging :-)

ChrisH

So you say, is it more like so someone can pass you a cuppa without opening the door?

Now that lot is just silly :D

Silly? How do expect me to watch movies while imaging without a spare screen? Essential equipment mate! :grin:

It's thirsty work this imaging lark and I have to keep getting up to get a brew. I'm wondering if there's room to install a bar at t'other end of the shed... but then I'd have to install a Barmaid. Tsk. More expense.

Oh - and you know when I asked the missus to nip round with the hoover to do the carpet in there you know what she said?...

ChrisH

I'm wondering if there's room to install a bar at t'other end of the shed... but then I'd have to install a Barmaid. Tsk. More expense.

ChrisH

Not to mention having to choose new optics.  :drunken_smilie:

Loving the screens Chris!

Nice layout, me i don't image so only 1 PC in the Obby, got 3 in  my bit of space indoors though, i have a Logitech G15 key board with blue lite keys, it very dim, but there are now these keyboards and i may just get one for ease of use in the dark.....

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-009-CS

£110 for a keyboard???!?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I spent a princely £15 on one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sumvision-Spectrum-Indigo-Keyboard-Backlit/dp/B00I3K94NS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1403872148&sr=8-5&keywords=led+keyboard

It's dimmable and it works great.

Silly? How do expect me to watch movies while imaging without a spare screen? Essential equipment mate! :grin:

It's thirsty work this imaging lark and I have to keep getting up to get a brew. I'm wondering if there's room to install a bar at t'other end of the shed... but then I'd have to install a Barmaid. Tsk. More expense.

Oh - and you know when I asked the missus to nip round with the hoover to do the carpet in there you know what she said?...

ChrisH

Same as mine proberbly.

Is this an observatory built by you? Its amazing i did not know this was possible what kind of budget are you looking at for making one of these?

'Observatory' is something of a pompous name for a shed. On the other hand, it IS where I 'observe' (and image) from - so observatory it is. I paid £400 for this shed some 25yrs ago, the rest is just DIY. If I totalled up the total cost of all I spent over the years on this astronomy hobby I would probably break down and cry and generally get depressed, especially given the ongoing poor weather. So I won't. :)

ChrisH

I've seen this set up and it's very impressive.

That said.

I have also converted my 20+ year old shed into an astro shed. I call it the Whirlpool observatory. Both mine and Chris have one big advantage now. It takes 10 minutes to set up and break down. So I have no excuse when it is clear after work, during Autumn and Winter and I don't feel like setting up.

I also have a pier now and G11,  and a cat flap but not a fancy keyboard  :grin:

Archived