Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello From Huddersfield

kennyboy

Hi all, my names Ken and I have a sky watcher explorer 200 which I am pleased with so far...had some nice views of Saturn, Moon but Mars was odd as it had 4 rays coming from its disk? Wonder if my scope needs adjusting (well it was very close to the moon)

Anyway nice to be here...

Ken

Hya Ken and warm welcome. This is trully the place to be if you're starting in astronomy. These people are worth of gold.

p.s. are you sure it was mars you were seeing? :D as usually the bright stars have the "rays" when viewed with reflector.

regards

Marius

Hi Ken & welcome to SGL.

The easiest way of locating Mars is to use Orion and Plaiedes as starter points and just look a little further up making an triangle and you should of found Mars......Download Stellarium (www.stellarium.org) .......This will point you in the right direction......Even though Mars has been very poor viewing for a while now you should be able to make it out as a disc without the rays......

Enjoy

Mark

Archived