NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another one from Durban, South Africa :D

lbscherm

Hi there! :D I've recently join SGL in hopes of increasing my knowledge around this hobby & my subsequently, satiating my excitement and curiousity  :grin: I've just purchased the (hopefully) best (?) telescope I could afford - Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ. The learning curb will probably be the mount and tracking objects in the sky... who am I kidding? The learning curb will be everything! I have a very limited knowledge of our skies, but the curiousity and passion to learn is there! :)

Im currently situatied just outside of Durban, South Africa (a more suburban region, less light pollution hopefully). Any words of advice or first time experiences you have to share would be much appreciated :)  :p

A very big welcome to SGL from a long way away, but most places are a long way from yourself. Your sky down there is very different from ours and you have a lot of very interesting objects to see that sadly we can't from here and England. I hope you enjoy the forum and we see you joining in with some of the topics,don't forget no one here will think you ask a silly question so never be worried about asking.

Alan

Hi and welcome to the lounge,

hope you enjoy your time here in S G L, if you need any help or advice

just post your question in the relevant forum, someone will have the answer.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's 

Hi and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and decided to join. There's plenty of info on the forum and loads of people who know lots of stuff ..... not me!!!! :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived