Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Yet another Newbie :)

Marttkd

Hi Everyone.

So, I eventually took hold of my first proper scope (courtesy of family for 50th present)  

I've got a Skywatcher 130p on the Goto mount.    Already my youngest (not so young really at 20) has taken some pics of the moon by placing his phone on the eyepiece and all hit Instagram friends have gone "wow!!" 

I was about to make what appears to be a classic mistake of wanting better eyepieces until I found this site and forum.  I will now learn more about my lovely new toy rather than upgrade when I have no idea what I am doing.

Love the galleries, what an inspiration when its grey and wet out there.

Thanks to all the amazing input you have given to so many people on here.  Looking forward to many years of exploration.

Martin

North Devon

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just reading through all these posts and already developed Telescope envy!

Obviously now suffering from Sods Law as I have 4 nights free and expecting cloudy evenings until I go back to work!  But, this forum and site are an absolute gem with so much info to swot up on.  Best get reading and thanks for the hello's

Martin

Archived