Helllllooooo

Virgo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiii. Welcome to SGL and im still learning. Theses guys have been amazing helping me step by step. Giving me advise on things to download and what to buy. If it wasn't for this site i might of gave up :) Hope to see you around :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all sorry for the late update, busy girl here too many things to do ;)

Anyway i can report that since having the Rigel Quickfinder i am no longer wasting time trying to find

objects that i want to. I am still not seeing the details i thought i might for instance i can get a good view

of Jupiter but can just about make out the stripes even with a 2x Barlow and a 6mm Celeston eyepiece

and mars just looks blurry all the time :( i am thinking of buying a decent 3 or 5 x barlow eyepiece

and have an Orbinar Plossl 4mm eyepiece on the way. I can see this becoming a bit of an expensive hobby

especially as i want to look at the photography side to it as well sometime ;)

Denise

Anyway i can report that since having the Rigel Quickfinder i am no longer wasting time trying to find

objects that i want to. I am still not seeing the details i thought i might for instance i can get a good view

of Jupiter but can just about make out the stripes even with a 2x Barlow and a 6mm Celeston eyepiece

and mars just looks blurry all the time :( i am thinking of buying a decent 3 or 5 x barlow eyepiece

and have an Orbinar Plossl 4mm eyepiece on the way. I can see this becoming a bit of an expensive hobby

Denise

Over the next few years I think your purse will take a huge hit so,will your bank cards it's like a run way train

Pat

Denise

Hi Denise, don't buy a 3x or 5x Barlow, it will be too much magnification and just increase the lack of defintion.  Orbinar Plossls are not the best, but hopefully you will get a good one, I find that filters do not always fit them properly.  Don't spend any more, get used to what you have got, seeing has not been very steady in Swindon recently so this impacts on what you can see.  If you are thinking about the 'dark arts' (astrophotography) get yourself a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count' by Steve Richards from FLO, it is the bible of the subject and may save you loads here: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/books/making-every-photon-count-steve-richards.html

Hi Denise and welcome. Do not worry too much about what you are seeing just now. Mars is always very difficult and your ' seeing ' will get much better with practice as your eyes become adjusted to looking through an eyepiece

A warm welcome from the Tampa Bay area (in Florida).

One of the things that can make your astronomy viewing much better is buy a better eyepiece.

But of course, you probably want to get more acclimated to using your scope first.

Hi and welcome :)

The learning curve is steep and the hobby frustrating but few things are as rewarding as this!

Stick by it and use us for help and advice and you will love every moment :)

Look forward to seeing you around!

Hi and welcome :)

The learning curve is steep and the hobby frustrating but few things are as rewarding as this!

Stick by it and use us for help and advice and you will love every moment :)

Look forward to seeing you around!

You missed out expensive ;)

Archived