Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Helllllooooo

Virgo

Haha yep it can be.

Astrophotography can get very expensive but I'm getting by on less than a grands worth of kit including the DSLR price :)

Lol yup i can see my set up going that way soon, i have already managed to commandeer my partners camera ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol yup i can see my set up going that way soon, i have already managed to commandeer my partners camera ;)

Then that's some penny's saved already so good going lol!

AP has a tough learning curve and im still learning every time I try. Just wish I had more opportunities but the weather has other ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hello all i have just read the rules of the forum and after lurking for a few weeks thought i would register and say hello.

As someone who has always been interested in space and looking at the sky whenever i could i took the plunge and bought one of those cheapy telescopes at Aldi... or was it LIDL? Its a Bresser Skylux EL btw and came with a decent program called Stellarium, Anyway i was impressed by the views i could get of the moon and even managed to get a decent view of Jupiter recently. Quickly realising this was not going to do what i wanted it to do i bought a Astromaster 130 eq and some accessories, i am now in the process of trying to learn how to use the thing properly and have realised the star pointer is rubbish and am looking at upgrading that with a telrad finder from amazon.

My past few nights have been a little frustrating with the new scope and i realise i have a lot to learn, hence i am here and looking forward to being hedjumacated in my new found hobby.

Denise :grin:

Hi Denise!

Good to see someone else with music (good music??) listed! As another newbie also trying to understand it all, I've been doing much the same as you. Interested to see you've got the need for a Telrad - I bought one recently and it's been the single best thing I've done - i'm now finding that I'm actually picking the stars I was trying to find when aligning, and now my scopes work!

Archived