Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lucksall Site Visit important info for SGL9

Mark at Beaufort

As you know I promised Daz that I would undertake a formal site visit to check over the site and discuss the various questions raised by members who will be attending SGL9.

When I arrived at Reception I was fortunate that Gary (the Owner) was in the upstairs 0ffice and came down to say hello. He was wanted to give me a full inspection of the site. Here are my findings -

1. The site was not flooded by the River Wye at any time despite getting very, very high.

2. Gary has installed underground channels which has removed water from the soil direct into the Wye

3. He has aerated the whole site and mowed the grass - looks really good - see attached photos.

4. Gary is expecting that everything will be ok for the April star party.

5. He wants everyone to report to reception on arrival - if necessary his staff will give advice on driving onto the Rally Field.

6. The cafe has been given a new roof, false ceiling, padded chairs and heating. It will have a flat TV screen installed by the time we arrive.

7. The cafe will be totally up and running with breakfast and other cook food  available during the day

8. I mention special pegs for the tents (wooden etc) - he says not necessary

9. I spent some time talking with Gary and he is looking forward to seeing us.

Well everything looked pretty good to me and the ground felt pretty firm despite all the rain - the site has had new chipping on the paths etc -  the staff must have worked really hard to get the site looking so good.

So Remember when you arrive at the campsite you must report to reception - once you have done that you can drive to the Rally Site where info will be available at the Welcome Tent.

As some of you know I only live 10 minutes from the site so I will be around for the early arrivals.

Look forward to seeing old friends and new attendees.

post-1628-0-93092200-1394009199.jpg

post-1628-0-03739100-1394009219.jpg

post-1628-0-85375600-1394009235.jpg

Thanks for the 'official' update Mark,  I'm glad someone was able to get formal details.

Although I'm up there on a fortnightly basis, I don't have any official access to approach Gary and discuss SGL.

I could see work had been going on there, but didn't realise it was underground drainage.

This is great news.

Hi Mark,

Good work.

Great to hear that the ground is hardening up.

The fields around where I live are drying out brilliantly in the last week, shame that the woods are very muddy.

Also great to hear that Gary is still making improvements, with the flat screen TV in the cafe, we will be able to watch

the Nick v Nigel debate!!!

I hope to arrive lunchtime on the Wednesday.

See you then

Cheers

Adrian

Archived