Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY5l-ii

Thalestris24

Hi all

I've been using the qhy5l-ii as a guide camera and have been impressed by it's sensitivity. So I'm wondering if it might be usable for imaging - I'm thinking of the more distant star clusters and also galaxies. Has anyone tried? I suspect it might be rather noisy for single-frame long exposures. Has anyone tried cooling it? (the spec says it's ok down to -30 C). It does have a maximum exposure time of 10mins which could be limiting but it would be a lot faster than my 1100d and I can only get max 5min exposures with that cos of the local lp. It also has the advantage of being relatively cheap!

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Louise

SnakeyJ has done some DSO imaging with his & they have turned out really well although I'm not sure what software he used. I've only used mine for a spot of planetary & haven't guided with it as yet.

Archived