Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1'st light - SW 130-PDS :D

tingting44

Howdy guys and gals!!!

Well what an epic 1st light i have had!! got my 130-PDS delivered from FLO yesterday (only ordered thursday) so as usuall a great service!!! i did notice earlier tho that the OTA has 4 dents near the rear of the tube which im not too happy about, dont want the hassle of sending it back so if it does not effect the use of it i can live with that...

I have to say for only using the scope for less then 1 day im in love with her!! its SUCH an improvement from my trusty SW 130-P i have to say!! the focuser for me is a total dream to use compared to the 130-P, i feel spoilt lol, and its SOOO nice not cutting my photons and FOV in half which i had to do with the 130-P as i had to use the x2 barlow to gain focus, so a nice change there also! and WOW the EP they gave me with the scope i was gob smacked by, i didnt realise i even got an EP with it and what an EP it is! its a 28mm 2" bad boy! and its seriously HUGE!!!! im in love with it haha

Well enough rambling on to my 1st light i guess!! i woke up at about 4am this morning and got quite a lot of data!! i did try to stay up for venus but was way too tired :( gutted as ive not seen or imaged venus yet, but i WILL bag it in the next coming weeks :D

Here are some of the data i have got this morning and today (not the best processing as i have to admid i have been rushing them a bit as i have loads of data to get through lol and lots of practicing

Moon stack - 22-2-14, i just missed focus on these by the looks of it but happy none the less.....for now lol

12701250484_6e7e702e56_c.jpg

and here is my best single sub of the moon...

12700976633_aa0aaf76b9_c.jpg

now a bit further from our little corner in the solar system....all be it not the best viewing, was a little hazy from my garden and with the moon being out this was the best i got from Mars and Saturn from the SPC 900

Mars (1st light and 1st time ever imaging so none the less im happy to tick that one off for now even tho its sooo small lol its my small little mars blob lol) :)

12701340004_cb0efe9f7b_m.jpg

Mars x2 barlow

12701031823_ea3541c0f6_m.jpg

Saturn

12701339504_13ab72afc5_m.jpg

and finally our local star :)

White light

12701312405_d6381552a4_c.jpg

So all in all a nice night and day of stargazing for me after a hell of a week at work, so im over the "moon" :D

Not really going to try much DSO till i get my coma corrector next week, so really looking forward to that! looks like its cloudy all night tonight so no fun for tonight :( still got LOADS of data to go through so thats a good thing for these cloudy nights

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

super images for your first light ! may have to get one of these on a AZ-4!!!

thanks buddy, could not be happier with the whole setup tbh :D and for the price, its a no brainer :)

cant wait to see what it can do with a coma corrector and a guiding rig :)

Morning all! no stargazing for me last night, dam clouds! :( even woke up at 6am to cool scope and tick another goal off my sig checklist for 2014, but no chance at bagging Venus this morning,,,,,,yes blooomin cloud! lol :(

a great start to your imaging, fantastic lunar image very sharp! a nice saturn to go with it as well!

Hey Bunnygod1 thanks a lot, one of my best lunar images to date so far so really happy :) and saturn was also nice to catch up with again as i have not seen her since last year, all ways gives me that warm feeling inside does old saturn lol, it was my 1st wow moment into stargazing and i shall never forget :)

it will be very good if my 200PDS is anything to go by, the coma corrector was essential as well!

ohhhh nice!! when are you expecting the 200-pds to arrive! hope you have luck with the clouds when it arrives like i did :) yes would be nice if FLO would have included the coma corrector in with the package as everyone seems to be saying it is essential, will 100% be getting one if not next week, the week after

These are looking really good - Love your solar image :smiley: Well done, looks like you are well on your way to greater things :grin:

Hey sara, your kind comments mean a lot to me, i hope to get as good as you some day lol :D yes also my best solar image to date, awww this little 130-pds really does put a smile on my face, i was umming and ahh'ing as to upgrade or not, am soooooo glad i choose to tho, its worth the mrs moaning at me for (her words) why spend more money on the same blooming scope lol) little does she know :D

Nice going! I definitely can't wait for better weather...

Thanks Russe, same mate, i hope it nice next friday and saturday evening :( it sucks during the week i go to work at 3am and when its clear its so horrible not being able to get the scope out and start imaging......grhhh lol :(

I've recently started doing DSO's. Check out my results on AstroBin.com (link in signature).

really nice DSO's from you 130-pds setup russe! 

I've had my best nights, whilst being away from the scope. I've become quite the couch astronomer. I polar align after connecting all cables and turn on "Comodo" on my imaging lappy, then go inside/to work and remotely control my rig...

sounds awsome! i thought i was getting pretty good tracking with the motors for my EQ5 but i aligned my polar scope yesterday and my god its WAY out lol, centered lovely now, so i cant wait to see how long i can stretch my subs with no guiding :D

A guiding setup will cost you about 40£ for a 9x50 guidescope (used), a used QHY5 comes along for 120£ (ish, used too) and an adapter (28£ for straight through and 39£ for right angled finder).

So, not cheap, but worth it.

sounds awsome! i thought i was getting pretty good tracking with the motors for my EQ5 but i aligned my polar scope yesterday and my god its WAY out lol, centered lovely now, so i cant wait to see how long i can stretch my subs with no guiding :D

How do you polar align? Are u using EQMOD?

A guiding setup will cost you about 40£ for a 9x50 guidescope (used), a used QHY5 comes along for 120£ (ish, used too) and an adapter (28£ for straight through and 39£ for right angled finder).

So, not cheap, but worth it.

yeah 1000% will be guiding in the future, just getting my head round my new EQ5 and 130-pds and once im familiar enough with everything will be entering the world of guiding :D thats not a bad price for a guiding setup tho, i might give it a try with my SPC900 with a finder guide setup before i get the QHY5II

How do you polar align? Are u using EQMOD?

i locate polaris from my garden get up the polar finder app i have on my ipod touch which tells me where polaris should be in my polar scope and simply match them up, the thing is with my polar scope sooo well out of alignment and i was still getting 1-1.5 min subs with no trailing so im hoping ill be nicely surprised next time a try :D

Archived