Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AstroTortilla - previous sub for 2nd session plan?

Russe

Hi guys,

I've used AstroTortilla for the first time last night. Very nifty!

Now I read somewhere that you can use a previous sub to get to the exact same position again in your next session. How do you do that?

Thanks!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Class! At least this proves that somebody is always listening to your questions... Yourself!

I've tried to suss out AT going to a previous target by using a sub from an earlier session, but it didn't work, though I was using the simulator. I'm wondering whether it's because there were just too many stars in a long 'normal' sub and it would work much better using a 10 second sub?

Class! At least this proves that somebody is always listening to your questions... Yourself!

I've tried to suss out AT going to a previous target by using a sub from an earlier session, but it didn't work, though I was using the simulator. I'm wondering whether it's because there were just too many stars in a long 'normal' sub and it would work much better using a 10 second sub?

No, works fine with a 300s exposure sub. Tried it out and it solves it fantastically.

The only remaining problem is rotation. But I fight this issue by keeping the camera in situ.

No, works fine with a 300s exposure sub. Tried it out and it solves it fantastically.

The only remaining problem is rotation. But I fight this issue by keeping the camera in situ.

Thanks Russe - I will apply myself to this properly sooner or later... Though the clouds........

I use Elbrus in combination with SGPro, it plate solves quickly and for camera rotation (assuming you don't have a powered rotator) it allows for manual rotation by telling you which way to turn and by how many degrees - a bit of an iterative process to get it spot on but then there is no other way without the powered camera rotator.

ChrisH

Thanks All

I have worked through this and finally got it to work with some subs from previous sessions.

Tips for others:

Don't use a stacked images for solving :)

Divide your FOV numbers by 60 to get to Degwidth.

Make sure you update the custom settings to speed things up.

--sigma 70 --no-plots -N none -r --objs 50 -c 0.02

Now to get this to work for each telescope reducer combination and save the files.

(Once the image has been solved it updates the FOV numbers, so can save these for future use.)

Archived