Hi

markstevens2000

Hi everyone. 

A quick introduction - I've a real keen interest in Astronomy but will always attempt to run before I can walk and struggles with finding the time !

I'm hoping the community here over time will help me get the most from my investment.

30 years back I did a one year 'additional module' as part of my degree. Of the 20 or so practicals planned I remember the skies only allowed 2 evenings real viewings from the Bayfordbury Observatory - not good.

About 20 years back I bought a cheap Tasco 6 inch reflector. My ability to set the thing up correctly let me down and whilst the occasional good sighting was made there was more frustration than pleasure.

Inspired by the BBCs Stargazing live of the last few years, and a bit of spare cash, I am now waiting for delivery of a Celestron NexStar 8SE. This time I hope to get it right.

My aim is to use the GoTo technology to help me get to a better starting point each time and learn more of the basics. Ultimately I want to record sightings with photographs.

Over time I expect to add to the initial purchase with some reasonably priced optics but will be very much based on getting the enjoyment with limited time. 

That's me !

Hello and welcome.

I'm sure you'll have many hours of fun with the NexStar, I'm new to all this myself but in the couple of cloudless nights we've had up here since I got my scope I'm glad I got the goto mount. I'm still learning when it comes setting it up but I'm getting quicker and more accurate every time.

I have had a huge amount of invaluable advice and assistance from fellow members of the forum here, you've certainly come to the right place.

Clear skies

Archived