NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Swansea

Dreadz

Hi all. Have been lurking on the forum and have already received some fantastic advice from many of the knowledgeable members here but thought I should introduce myself properly.

The helpful advice I've already received on here has brought me to where I am now - on the verge of ordering a skyliner 250px (providing nothing goes wrong between now and Wednesday to drain my account) and no doubt I'll be seeking plenty more advice in the years to come :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi, Dreadz, and a warm welcome to SGL! That is a very nice scope you have ordered there - I have the 'flex-tube' version of it - believe me it is a beautiful scope and I'm sure you will get years of use from it.

If you haven't done already I can recommend dowloading the free planetarium software 'Stellarium' which will help in not only locating objects, but also in planning a viewing session. The programme is customisable for location (light pollution etc) and individual scopes - giving you an idea of what you will see through the eye piece. (downloadable here: http://stellarium.org/)

Hope that helps,

Martin

Hi and a warm welcome to SGL. Good to hear you have been watching the forum and decided what kit you need. There is plenty more advice on here as there always seems to be a million questions when you first start out.

Happy Stargazing and enjoy your Astro Journey.

I've no doubt I'll be asking many questions in the years to come. One day I'd like to get into AP but that will have to wait until my skills and knowledge develop and my bank balance allows!! For now I'll learn the skies with my dob when it arrives. I cant wait!!

Thanks all. Without the advice I've received on here I'd have probably already purchased something which would have inevitably turned out to be unsuitable. As much as it has pained me waiting I do at least know when I get my scope setup, it will not disappoint :)

Archived