NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Returning after being away for a long time

stolenfeather

I have always loved this lounge but conditions made it as such that my participation became well...  non-existent with time.  Horrible viewing conditions in the north (from two months of cloud to -40 temperatures) turned all my viewing attempts with my telescope an exercise in frustration.  Combining this with teaching grade 9 / 10 (after teaching the grade 8's for 14 years) simply swallowed any extra time.  We are now heading into our second week of -40's.  I can't stay indoors anymore and need to become in touch with all of you once again.   It will be -43 tonight but I am heading out.  I know that this group can't help me when it comes to temperatures but I sure missed your help when it came to everything else!  I am looking forward to seeing all the beautiful pictures and reading your messages! 

Isabelle

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am doing very well Rik.  Thank you Helen!  I am a little confused with all the changes found here since my last posting.  How does one change their signature.  I have bagged a couple of Messiers since the last time.  -43 is terrible for anyone, especially when it comes to manipulating the scope Ronin since I find myself taking off my gloves. 

Isabelle

I'm doing very well!  I'm just having some issues with navigating on the site but I'm sure that with some time, I will regain my confidence when it comes to posting.  I think I succeeded in changing my signature since it seemed quite long when compared to others.

Isabelle

Nice to see you back, Isabelle.

We seem to have rain to match your cold at the moment.  Whilst the US and Canada have been having extreme weather conditions, we've had entirely different ones here.  Some places have been under several feet of water for a month or more and can only be reached by boat.  It's a weird world...

James

At least with the cold, I still can see the stars but water and all the damage it does is horrific to all the families out there James.  I hope all recover where you are.  We can only hope for better as the year progresses.

I'm happy to be back Sarah and will do my best to remain warm.  :)

Isabelle

Hi Isabelle,

I am a new member and welcome back to where I have only just arrived. (Sounds like the particle world!)

From where I am writing here in Western Australia the thought of temperatures of -40 are just a bit to hard to imagine.

As a comparison just over a week ago we suffered +40C, now that is a big difference...Perhaps I could bottle some

warm/hot air and e mail it your way?

Brian Down Under.

Archived