NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 19.01.14 Better Late Than Never!!

theo

I have had a bit of a processing backlog to catch up with recently. Jupiter, Lunar and Deep sky data to work through!!

Anyway Iv'e been fortunate to get some spare time this afternoon to process this Jupiter image, which was one of about a dozen or so RGB capure runs. Seeing was not too bad for a period of around 30 mins on the 19th but then went away and that was that. 

At least this is not that far from opposition as from now on we will see the disc get progressively smaller and the finer detail that little bit harder to extract but hopefully we will all get a few more opportunities to come in the next few weeks before it's too late.

Regards,

Pete.

post-22012-0-94492400-1390584891_thumb.p

Beautiful image Pete!  I like your colour processing.

I have an image taken at the same time as this one so I will be looking to bringing out some of the detail that I can see here, don't hold out much hope though. :grin:

Angie

Another wonderful image Pete!

The detail is from top to toe and so skillfully processed with super colour balance.

Considering the rubbish weather we've had this winter you've pulled out some super work!  Looks like your best seeing was at the same time as mine that night.

Lovely image and some excellent detail in that capture/process Pete.  

Thanks Jake!!

Just amazing Pete! The details are simply stunning. Love your images. Thanks again for your advice I have started to look at different processing tutes on YouTube.

Thanks Felix, no problem regarding advice, happy to help out where I can.

Very nice Pete superb detail mate, the bench mark has been set with these fine images! :icon_king:

Much appreciated Simon!!

Beautiful image Pete!  I like your colour processing.

I have an image taken at the same time as this one so I will be looking to bringing out some of the detail that I can see here, don't hold out much hope though. :grin:

Angie

I think you will based on the work iv'e seen from you!! Thanks Angie.

Another wonderful image Pete!

The detail is from top to toe and so skillfully processed with super colour balance.

Considering the rubbish weather we've had this winter you've pulled out some super work!  Looks like your best seeing was at the same time as mine that night.

Many thanks Stuart. Seeing seems to have been doing similar things across wider parts of the country for a change!!

That is very nice Pete!

Cheers Richard!!

Yes, lovely detail there, as Stuart says from top to toe.  :hello2:

Many thanks!!

Very nice at a nice big resolution. I couldn't reach it lately. Either seeing or something else.

Thank you!!

Very nice indeed Pete..! :icon_salut:  :icon_salut:  :icon_salut:

Thanks Darryl!!

Superb Pete, raising the bar again I see.

Robin

Cheers Robin!!

Lovely as always Pete. Been away from here for a bit, due to illness. Just catching up whats been happening

Cheers Neil. Noticed you've been away for a bit on here, hope your feeling much better now.

Pete.

Another delightful, detailed, beautifully processed image of Jupiter with the GRS almost broadside on. Always a pleasure to view your work Pete.

Best regards,

Ralph

very nice Jupiter

is this original image size?

could you expand on scope and camera description please?

Thanks. The image is drizzled 1.5x in AS2 and then up scaled 120%.

Scope is a fork mounted Meade LX200ACF SCT 305mm aperture on a wedge to provide equatorial mode. Camera is a ZW Optical ASI120mm which uses a mono CMOS sensor.

Another delightful, detailed, beautifully processed image of Jupiter with the GRS almost broadside on. Always a pleasure to view your work Pete.

Best regards,

Ralph

Cheers Ralph!!

Archived