Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hello from worthing

cosmos

hello everyone,

just to introduced myself my name is marcel have been in astronomy (at least trying) for about two years now i have a meade lxd55 8" SNT and am mainly interested in astrophotography, well after 2 years i can still only manage a fuzzy image of mars even using the filters and the toucam pro, but hey i have learnt this is one big learning curve, i also managed after months of thinking to strip my mirror out and clean it (frightening experience) but all done without taking any silver off the mirror (phew), anyway just wanted to say hello and say this looks a superb forum and i hope to learn lots and pass on any experiences to other people.

Nice to meet you and c u all online again soon

Thank you all for your welcome, i have learnt in astronomy u need lots of patience must have a sense of humour, ie who would spend thousands of pounds, have a garage which is equiped like mission control at nasa , get freezing cold, fall over in the dark , all to look at mars and end up with a orange fuzzy ball, my scope is only a 8" f4 using a 5x barlow was too fuzzy so the image is with a 2x barlow and toucam pro and stil a fuzzy ball lol...... but hey yer gotta laugh, i tried again last night i'll include the image, ohhh and how about this we had a couple of clear hours with ONE cloud in the sky and guess, yep it was above my house lol take care all

3189_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived