Hello from Yorkshire, UK

StarSailor

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Wez and Im from Yorkshire, England

I have been interested in the night sky for years but never really acted on it.

I was bought a telescope for my birthday yesterday (Skywatcher 607) and i'm looking forward to using it!

There is so much information to read about, so i'm trying to educate myself a little so I know what i'm looking at. Im looking forward to seeing the moon in detail and really hope I can see the planets complete with rings and moons!

Anyway, thats a little about me, Thankyou for reading and I look forward to learning more with you all.

Wez

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Wez, and welcome to SGL! If you haven't done already I can recommend you dowload the free planetarium sofware 'Stellarium' which is used by many on here to not only help locate objects in the night sky, but also to plan a viewing session. It is customisable to individual locations, and even to telescopes - giving an idea of what you can see through your eye piece. It is downloadable here: http://stellarium.org/

Hope that helps,

Martin

Archived