NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Somebody read my mind :)

emadmoussa

lol. Just watched a Universe episode where they should what would happen if the moon suddenlt vanished. As much as I hate the full moon that iterupts my imaging after watching that I'd vote to keep it.

Did you hear about the Japenese company that wants to put a giant solar panel ring around the moon...

Well, I'm no "expert", but logic tells me that if any of the previously mentioned ideas were brought into play, then we, here on Earth, would need more light.

So, we would make more ourselves, and create the same problem that we are complaining about, except it would be an "every night" thing then.

So I will take a few nights of annoyance, over a constant one.

Rob C.

If it went then less would do astronomy.

I wonder just how many started this by looking up at the moon, then getting a small scope or binocular to look at the moon, then progressed onwards. Seem to recall the Moon was SPM's main object.

Nuking the Moon would do absolutely nothing except stop humans landing on it. Unless of course you had a lot of nuclear bombs, and when I say a lot, I mean, a lot. A quick Google search suggests somewhere in the region of 600 billion nuclear warheads would be needed to totally destroy the Moon.

Boo! Hiss! I love the moon :grin:  Get yourself a CCD & H-a filter, Mr Emadmoussa! :grin:

Yep - been there...done that. Back to visual astronomy until I have had an obsy :D

I like looking at the moon every now and then, but I don't spend an awful lot of time on it. It's something I like to show to people who never looked into a telescope before. :)

Nuking the Moon would do absolutely nothing except stop humans landing on it. Unless of course you had a lot of nuclear bombs, and when I say a lot, I mean, a lot. A quick Google search suggests somewhere in the region of 600 billion nuclear warheads would be needed to totally destroy the Moon.

Crikey. Think of the meteor showers from that lot. I'd imagine the novelty would wear off fairly quickly. Especially from the big bits :eek:

The Moon is a fascinating object to observe and image. The features "change" all the time due to libration and shadowing.

Blimey...if Mars had our Moon then half of us would be spending a small fortune on kit to view and image it, and the other half would be Oohhing and Aahhing at every image :grin:

The problem is not with the Moon. Its with our rubbish weather.

Boo! Hiss! I love the moon :grin:  Get yourself a CCD & H-a filter, Mr Emadmoussa! :grin:

fully agree with you, nothing wrong with being moon heads...............also with no moon things on earth would get a "little weird" to say the least

Archived