NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi all, from Southampton

Jason Trott

Hi all, my name is Jason and I'm from Southampton area. I am currently a student studying computer science, but have also studied a small amount of physics and astronomy in the past. This has lead me to purchase my own scope with the desire to venture the night skies myself. I have a celestron c6n on a cg4 mount, which I have not yet had the pleasure of using. I will more than likely be scanning the forum very shortly for help and advice on getting setup and for anything else I may need. I am also very into diy stuff so will definitely be checking out potential projects on here.

Many regards

Jason

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Hi Jason and welcome to the forum. Judging by your avatar, you look as if you have a future observing buddy to share in the delights of your new scope!

Wishing you clear skies and hope you enjoy participating here on the forum.

James

Thank you very much for the warm welcome guys. Hoping to get out next weekend for the first time (weather permitting).

JamesM, that's the plan :) she's my future little astronomer.

Thanks again guys, no doubt I'll be on here a lot once I've got started.

Regards,

Jason

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Hi Jason, welcome to SGL from me as well - only a stones throw over the water on the IOW.    Enjoy your time and studies at Southampton - excellent computer science department and good luck with your astronomy.

Clear Skies - Jake

Archived