Hello from Dallas, TX

TXDigiSLR

Hello everyone.  I just wanted to drop in and give everyone just a little info about the newest member, me!  :smiley:

I've been interested in the stars and outer space for quite awhile, and I have been a photographer for quite a number of years.  I finally decided to get myself a telescope and see what I can do when I combine my interests of the stars and photography.  I've read so many useful websites, blogs, and books about astrophotography, I felt like the time was finally right for me to give it a try.

I just received my Celestron Omni 102 XLT and T-adapter.  I can't wait to get my polar finder scope calibrated and hope the sky is clear.

I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me as I ask a ton of questions and hopefully post some pictures.

Welcome to SGL from another mad imager!!! Glad you found us!

You would do well to get hold of a copy of the book 'Making Every Photon Count' available from the book section of the FLO website (I'm sure they send to the great US of A. This is something of an imagers bible and will really help you in every respect.

Look forward to seeing you and your images around :smiley:

Wow,  so many replies, and so quickly too.  You guys and gals make me feel welcomed already!  Thank you!  I'll check out all the books everyone mentioned and get busy reading.  (It's cloudy here tonight, so I can't even see the stars, and a cold front is coming this weekend.)

Archived