Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Peak Star Party 2014

jamespels

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really are due a good one - our luck cannot run that bad!

Avoiding all black cats, mirrors, ladders, etc., for the next two weeks - other than our own black cat the and ladder I will be climbing shortly to hang the new mirror, obviously.

Looks like there are still a few good pitches left - just booked online, and am now looking forward to coming along (just one night, unfortunately). It's been a while since I came along to a star party after a change of job last year, so it will be good to "get my eye in" again (even if I'm just cloud spotting!)

Not sure yet, but hopefully pitch 20'ish - I'll certainly wander round and say hello! I'll be digging out the tent, stove etc etc over the course of the next few days...

Looks like pitch 20 for you then Andy - just realised that you are only going to be with us for one night - if I am not on the gate, can you make sure you find me when you arrive please?

Thanks!

Yay! Beanie hats ordered, should be with me at the back end of this week with any luck. Mugshot to follow as soon as they arrive.

Might have to change my profile pic to show the new hat - not sure that a pic of skiing in Italy several years ago is really appropriate any more!!!

Limited run of 30 hats so order soon to be sure of getting one :)

Already ordered getting excited now done a practice run with tent took twenty minutes of course in the wind and rain will take two hours so im on my knees praying.Bought footprint for it got sent wrong one had to send it back so being good sent it back tracking next day delivery, guess what post office have lost it but i have to wait until the 14th just in case they deliver it before i can claim. What do i do buy another one then post office find first one and get sent right one then got two or come without a footprint.

Wookie, we have had miserable weather forecasts here for the last week - mornings have been we but afternoons and evenings into the night fine. No idea I'd it will hold but don't read anything into the long range weather just yet.

I would definitely sort out a ground sheet, though - the ground elk be pretty wet unless it gets we get a few dry days in the meantime. Get a cheap tarp from B&Q and cut it to size then sling it when you are done.

Looks like pitch 20 for you then Andy - just realised that you are only going to be with us for one night - if I am not on the gate, can you make sure you find me when you arrive please?

Thanks!

Yes, will do James. I'll be arriving early afternoon I think (driving up from Oxfordshire), and will need a hand putting up the tent if anyone's up for it! Looking forward to it and hoping to get the full quota of nights in next year, instead of just the one.

James, I can turn you the right way round, but can't fix focus I'm afraid ;-)

Neither can I make it look like you haven't been attending those 'special lessons' again :p

OK, a far better model, and proof that one size really will fit all... just!

This is Annabel, btw. She was in a pram last year but is running around like a little terror now... I think she will be up with big sis for the bottle rockets on Sunday.

post-10421-0-10996100-1413031014_thumb.j

Still a little blurred though - I think I can give up on any AP aspirations right now!

James,

I've emailed you my cancellation notice - sadly a family emergency means I have to go abroad tomorrow for a while.

:(

I understand there's no refund - just hoping my pitch can be re-sold or reallocated to someone else in need.

Have fun guys - let me know when PSP2015 is ready to book!!

Thanks for letting me know, Perry - we will miss you this year!

We have had another cancellation so we currently have two electric tent pitches if anybody has been looking for one. Might be able to make one into a camper / caravan.

Archived