SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Peak Star Party 2014

jamespels

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All last week the forecast was miserable - we ended up with wet mornings and clear afternoons and nights. Anybody's guess at this stage. Wind direction is on - SW means there is a chance the rain and fog will stay in the Cheshire / Staffordshire side - from the East it all builds up over Buxton and W Derbyshire.

Hope they have got it wrong . October is always a very changeable month in my viewing book with very few clear nights. I actually left on the sunday last year when the sun came out and dried the tent. Sunday night was the same as the other two by all accounts.

Keeping my fingers crossed I will be packing up on monday this year.

Damian 

I actually left on the sunday last year when the sun came out and dried the tent. Sunday night was the same as the other two by all accounts.

Sunday night was just as bad - but I don't remember seeing the sun in the day?!!

James - Any chance of swapping my pitch (Neptume 5) for Perry's?

As for the weather - I live 13 miles away and I can tell you that forecasts are next to useless - there have been clear nights when rain was forecast and vice versa in the last week. We are definitely due some luck!

Sunday night was just as bad - but I don't remember seeing the sun in the day?!!

I must've been up earlier James? Not sure as my friend Kieran will make it as yet so there may be another gap appearing on the Saturn field?  

I still plan to turn up saturday afternoon for a bit of a social, will bring my Tal 100, might want to chuck it on a mount if say Shanes giro is free in the evening, or i might lug the AZ along (Claire might lug it)

I'm sorry to say folks that unless there is a miraculous change in the weather forecast over the next 24 hours then I won't be coming.  It's too far from Kent to come all that way just to have poor weather and no astronomy.

Carole 

I'll also be popping along for the Saturday to catch up with everyone and plan to pack a load of clear skies in the boot next to the Jaffa cakes .......

Nick, email me your phone number again mate, i have mis laid it

I'm really struggling to make up my mind whether to bother bringing the Vixen or not. Will just make a last minute call I guess. It looks like there may be some clear patches on Saturday night and it's very tempting to at least be able to have a peak under reasonable skies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just seen the news and weather and also had a look at the tinternet too, it doesn't look too good although fingers and everything crossed it will change? Think the scope will yet again be staying in the boot of the car  :sad:

I'm really struggling to make up my mind whether to bother bringing the Vixen or not. Will just make a last minute call I guess. It looks like there may be some clear patches on Saturday night and it's very tempting to at least be able to have a peak under reasonable skies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stu, you have to bring the big Vixen...........its a must do :grin:

Archived