Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Peak Star Party 2014

jamespels

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crickey, it's a bit exciting up here!! Blowing a gale and pouring with rain! Will be impressed if the tent survives this one without leaking.... Or blowing away!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya,

Gonna try and make it down for the day to catch up with you guys, esp Shane,( jules if he turns up) Stu, Nick et al ;)

Mark

Now then, there is a voice from the past, how are you? sorry but wont be there this year

I've stayed away two years running now, so it s clearly not my fault :grin: . Hope it all calms down and some clear patches appear! Well done to all you brave and hardy souls who are sticking it out! Kudos and jaffa cakes to you all :laugh: !

I braved it Friday and Saturday did not see anything with my scope but thats because fell asleep Saturday night and forgot set my watch. Was great to catch up with Damian Stu Nick And Lee B. Got some great help off Nick for some observing at home im going to put into practice. MY wife enjoyed all your company thank you and we made new friends with Mike,John and Patrick its great this Astronomy even if you dont see anything you still get to meet like minded people swap stories and gain knowledge brilliant.

Yep, great to see everyone. Big thanks to Damian for keeping me fed with tea and kitkats for the weekend, and for stopping me blowing away whilst packing the tent down!! :-)

Plenty of wind around, some from the south west, and more from Nick & Lee's tent!

Shame about the skies, and sorry to miss Shane and Jules, next year hopefully.

Don't tell Wookie, but we did see the Double Cluster at least ;-), plus some quite nice views of M42, albeit bouncing around in the breeze.

See you all next year, we are due a good one sooner or later :-)

Stu

Car unpacked and half the gear away while next month.

I have now got my feet up and time to reflect.

Fantastic to see everyone again and yet again brave the elements to catch up with friend's old and new and as Wookie says always amazes me how friendly the astronomy community is.

As in my other threads tea is vital, so no worries on that front Stu but I forgot all about the 100+ jaffa's I'd packed! Hey ho kitkats it was.

It was better weather at least this year but again not ideal. Saturday had quite a few clear spells but the wind was horrendous especially the cotterless lee b type!

The wobble cluster was a nice sight if you could hold the scope still for long enough through Stu's Vixen

All in all I will be booking for next year and hoping the weather will be kinder to us all

Damian

I discovered the secret of keeping warm at PSP..... The Breakfast Bap!

This consisted of a large bap containing 2 large rashers of bacon, 2 sausages, mushrooms, tomato, a fried egg and black pudding!

To say it was tricky to eat was an understatement. Speed was of the essence before everything fell out!!

Quite delicious though, and only £4.50 with a cup of tea :-)

34afe22f68838b26ca7800b5d2a9e216.jpg

Stu

PS I'm not on commission :p

Archived