Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Peak Star Party 2014

jamespels

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all, PSP now open to new registrations so anyone can book...

We will be sorting out existing pitch allocations and photo comp winners this weekend; we were planning to do that 31 Nov / 1 Dec but I got bogged down with some DIY...

Thanks all...

James.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

pitch allocations have been updated on the website this evening. Sorry to anybody who wanted Saturn EHU but ended up on Neptune - the Saturn pitches were booked very early so I allocated them in the order of the bookings, bearing in mind requests sent with the bookings as far as I could. Not to worry though - several of the usual Saturn crowd are together on Neptune and Paul Collins will be there to keep you company :)

Thanks,

James.

• 3 weeks later...

I have booked for the first time, but don't have a clue where I am pitched except i have booked  a motorhome pitch.  I want one with the re-enforced webbing (don't want to risk getting stuck in the mud) and MUST have EHU.  Will the pitch number be sent to me at some point?

Also had difficulty logging into the PSP forum.  Won't accept my user name and password that it seems to have automaticaly put in for me, so I ask for a reminder and it fails, so I try to register and it tells me not only is my user name already taken (must be by me) but is also barring my E Mail address for sending reminders.  

Confused.com

If any of the moderators are here can they please help.

Also with my pitch number.

Thanks

Carole 

I have booked for the first time, but don't have a clue where I am pitched except i have booked  a motorhome pitch.  I want one with the re-enforced webbing (don't want to risk getting stuck in the mud) and MUST have EHU.  Will the pitch number be sent to me at some point?

Also had difficulty logging into the PSP forum.  Won't accept my user name and password that it seems to have automaticaly put in for me, so I ask for a reminder and it fails, so I try to register and it tells me not only is my user name already taken (must be by me) but is also barring my E Mail address for sending reminders.  

Confused.com

If any of the moderators are here can they please help.

Also with my pitch number.

Thanks

Carole 

James will update the pitch plan on the website, but this sometimes takes a while as he is a busy boy.  I would guess that you are in the Mars field.

PSP is a great event, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James,

I sent you an email but did not get a reply - I successfully booked last year but I can't see any record of the cheque being cashed - are you waiting to cash it or did it get lost - let me know if I need to do anything (send a new cheque?) 

Thanks,

Nigel

(just bought a new tent - hopefully this one will keep the water out!! - In fact I'm hoping that buying a more waterproof tent will result in clear skies and no rain - its the reverse of buying a new scope!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all, back in the land of the living again... new year, new job!

I plan to spend tomorrow going over everything I haven't dealt with on PSP2014 in the last couple of months so you should get answers to any questions then.

Paul C is not able to help as much as he would like this year (though he will still be at PSP with his cheery smile and helping hand :)) so I am looking for assistance getting things moving again if anybody is interested.

Longer term, does anybody feel like picking up the baton for 2015 on? Frankly, I would love to leave the day-to-day stuff (bookings, sorting out stands, etc.) and focus on the educational side of things - I am now a STEM ambassador and will be trying to focus on this as much as possible...

On another note, I am selling my scopes (SW250P on an EQ6 and a TAL2M) in the hunt for something smaller and lighter that I might actually use - the SW250 is already in the classifieds on here and the TAL will join it shortly if either of these appeal :)

Thanks, and sorry for being out of communication for so long!

James.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James

Can you confirm if there will be a power supply available to those who don't have EHU pitches for charging up laptops, power tanks, mobiles etc ??

Thanks

You can come and use mine no worries

Damian

Hi James

Can you confirm if there will be a power supply available to those who don't have EHU pitches for charging up laptops, power tanks, mobiles etc ??

Thanks

The website lists free charging facilities available so should be no problem, and same as Damian, you will be welcome to share mine too Nick.

Stu

• 1 month later...

Oooooh I would love to go to this, it sounds wonderful! Would love the chance to see so many different types of equipment in the flesh too, been wondering if there existed any astronomy type festivals where you can camp out and showcase your own equipment alongside everyone else's. Just shared the website on my Facebook and hoping a friend or two might pipe up and offer to come with me! I am but a small and fragile little lady...can't be pitching up a tent in the Dales all on my lonesome! *scared*

Just do what i do and look all weak and like you are struggling and someone will always offer willing help. Then i get my 16" dob out of the car and tutting ensues LOL.

Seriously though there will be lots of helpers if needed. We hope it is an observing/imaging weekend but usually it is raining and we seek solace in boozy chats about astronomy

It is great fun

We hope it is an observing/imaging weekend but usually it is raining and we seek solace in boozy chats about astronomy

It is great fun

Just like every star party in the UK :D

Oooooh I would love to go to this, it sounds wonderful! Would love the chance to see so many different types of equipment in the flesh too, been wondering if there existed any astronomy type festivals where you can camp out and showcase your own equipment alongside everyone else's. Just shared the website on my Facebook and hoping a friend or two might pipe up and offer to come with me! I am but a small and fragile little lady...can't be pitching up a tent in the Dales all on my lonesome! *scared*

You'll be fine and we all need help especially with the tent pitching.

Me and Kieran as will every one else be more than willing to help

Damian

Archived