NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello

FledglingAstronomer

Hello people , my girlfriend came across your site recently whilst looking for me a starter scope for my Birthday, she recommended i popped over to say hello . I've always been interested in all things astronomical but admittedly reading some of your posts i am a complete novice . Anyways my girlfriend decided on the Skywatcher 130p AZgoto , as i am new to astronomy any hints and tips anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to get some decent weather to try it out, its been non stop rain/cloud here .

Thanks Craig.

Hi Craig,

Welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy this very nice gift and get some clear skies to use it to maximum advantage.   Lots of help and advice here at SGL, but can also add my vote for Turn Left at Orion and a copy of Stellarium or similar planetarium app to help get you find your way around.

Archived