NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello (Recommended by MikeG247)

ARDV8

Hello there

MikeG247 (AstroMike247 on Twitter) recommended this site to me. I am looking to start astrophotography. He recommended the Skywatcher 80ED as a good unit. So I'm here to hopefully see images taken by members with this scope and see how they like it.

Thanks for having me

Welcome to SGL

If you're interested in astrophotography then I'm sure I won't be the last to recommend getting a copy of Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" before buying anything else.  I'd say the 80ED is a good recommendation, but you should research what you're getting yourself into first :)

James

Hi and welcome to the forum. +1 for the above book which in my view is essential reading before buying any kit as it could well save you money by helping you to avoid buying the wrong gear. A quick look over on the imaging sections and in particular at members' equipment lists at the bottom of their signatures, will help you gain a quick idea of what equipment people are using in order to take good consistent images. The type and size of scope is important but the most critical decision is the mount that the scope will be sitting on. In imaging the mount is everything and this book will help you fill in the blanks.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Welcome to SGL - Another recommendation for the book already mentioned. The ED80 is a good starting point - What mount are you using with that? That is THE most important part of the AP setup.

Take a look in the imaging section and most people say what they used to take their images, so it will give you a good idea od how people achieve them.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived