NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from the NW of the UK

RobertC

My name is Robert, i'm 18 and totally different to most teenagers. I have a passion to become an astronaut with ESA or Roscosmos currently at college working towards attending Leeds University, i have a passion for aviation and space. I am currently using a skywatcher 200P, EQ5 mount with the EQ5 synscan. For my imaging i am using a Canon 60d, i'm relatively new to astrophotography but have quite a background in photography. I was first introduced to astronomy at around aged 4 with a very strong remembrance of watching MIR fly past. My past telescope was a Meade 4504 that i was given to as a present and since then i've been progressing slowly. I am still learning and progressing with the astrophotography with the help of an online group. 

I have attatched a picture of my current setup before i bought my EQ5 synscan.

post-32489-0-38795500-1382050854_thumb.j

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome, Robert! I'm a newbie to SGL, too, but I'm already into the fourth decade of my teen years. You have a fine looking scope, far higher quality than what I enjoyed at your age. Keep your dreams alive! I work for NASA and it would have been quite a stretch of my imagination for a mojave desert teen to get actually get there, but I did. If you have a love for computers, science and Maths, and if you're good at all of it, you can make it to ESA and maybe even into orbit. Again, welcome to the group here. There is a lot to learn. It never stops for me!

It would be a dream to work for Nasa but my physics and maths let me down. I was studying A-level maths/physics but failed due to lost paperwork, rather annoying. Still came out with an AS-level in electronics so not all lost. I live not to far from Rivington, can see the mast from my house. 

Welcome to SGL Robert. What great ambitions you have and I wish you well in all that you do. Imaging is a great hobby, but can certainly drive you mad at times!! Looks like you are off to a flying start - Well done!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived