Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rain Rain Everywhere = Quiz Time

Pliadian

So it is pouring down everywhere and there is no footy until Tuesday & cloudy even longer. *sigh*

Ok, ok, we don't all love footy.

So here is a quiz on Astronomy :

http://library.thinkquest.org/J001665/quiz.html

I got 17 correct & 11 wrong.

Can you do better? Probably x.

Good luck and maybe a prize for all correct??

No promises, it's all good fun.

And there off.... :laugh:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scoring didn't seem to work for me, it just said 000.  I know I'm not that bad!

I got 12 correct and 2 wrong, didn't guess the rest because I hadn't a clue.

Some of the questions seemed badly worded though, like question 11 - surely the answer should be New Moon but that isn't an option, and question 23 - really?  I thought there would be more magma and such like, seems that the question should read more like 'What is the surface of the planet earth mostly comprised of' as Mountain Ranges isn't exactly a material.

Moan over.

Go away rain before I moan even more!

I got 24 correct and 5 wrong.

I think you've misunderstood question 11, a lunar eclipse can only occur at full moon, you be confusing it with a solar eclipse. And I agree with question 23. Some of the other questions are badly worded as well,  for example, question 12, are they talking about the penumbral stage, the umbral stage or just the totality?

It gave me 3 fat zeros :)

But it also puts a green button along side the question the author thinks was right. On that basis I got 24.

The question about a comet approaching the Sun is a poor one which I apparently got wrong!

And questions on the private life of Galileo aren't really astronomy questions !!

However, gripes aside, it was infinitely more interesting than any game of football could ever be :D 

Agreed, but impressed guys.

I thought the bodies for a solar eclipse had 2 answers. Sun, Moon. (My answer) - wrong

And Sun, Moon, Earth - right.

If your in a spaceship at the right place behind the moon you only need Sun, Moon. So technically i'm right? Right?

Seems they got bored and threw a load of Galileo in to finish it.

Rain rain go away, i have a scope and want to play.

I got 24 correct and 5 wrong.

I think you've misunderstood question 11, a lunar eclipse can only occur at full moon, you be confusing it with a solar eclipse. And I agree with question 23. Some of the other questions are badly worded as well,  for example, question 12, are they talking about the penumbral stage, the umbral stage or just the totality?

I nearly but nearly made the same error for that one.

I got 18 but, some of the questions and answers don't tally........Eg.. "what is the Earth mostly made of"...the answer was " water" which would be the obvious answer but if you look under the water there is one he'll of a lot of land....I answered "land" and am sticking to it..lol

Bungielad.

I got 18 but, some of the questions and answers don't tally........Eg.. "what is the Earth mostly made of"...the answer was " water" which would be the obvious answer but if you look under the water there is one he'll of a lot of land....I answered "land" and am sticking to it..lol

Bungielad.

*he'll.

Archived