Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What do you do while exposing subs?

PhotoGav

being fairly new to guiding, i tend to spend too much time staring at the graphs :(. after that I'll do a bit of visual with the heritage then doze on the sofa (not brave enough to go to bed yet).

Goign to bed whilst imaging in our fickle weather will end in tears.  A CCD and rainwater do not go together very well....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A rain sensor is the future!! Then you can get to the obs and shut it up or cover the scope etc if it's in the garden for example. It's improved my sleep no end :smiley:

Indeed Sara!  But you enjoy the climate of the wonderful Spain [good for you and I am jealous :) ), whilst we live with the uncertainties of Northern England......  The weather for astro is the UK where I live has not been favourable shall we say.....

None of you, bar maybe Olly, do any visual observing? This is exactly the time to have 2 set-ups, get your AP set-up collecting photons and then let your eyes have a go on another scope :D.

Yes, me.  I bought a 130PDS on an AZ4 so I'd have something to look through whilst imaging.  The only problem is I've found that I prefer the 130PDS as am imaging scope and I think the 200P might be a bit heavy for the AZ4.  Does this mean I "need" to buy another scope, a small refractor maybe?

I'm in Mel's astrobuddy group, and we have a great time chatting, eating Jaffas (supplied by yours truly!) and helping each other out. I hate imaging in my garden now. I much prefer to be out with CNAAG so don't mind the 45 min journey. Plus we swap ideas and learn from each other. Or at least I learn from everyone else!

My obs is networked to the rest of the house and i digatize my films and TV series to my NAS box so i can watch them in there. Ive also got a slingbox so i can watch my sky Tv in there, that said its making me lazy so i want to get a DOB or at the very least a good pair of binos so i can really learn the sky better whilst im imaging

Archived